Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Spider-Man wasn't live and in-person at Wal-Mart!

I wanted to have my picture taken with Spider-Man! Darn it! I have one to match that I got taken with him when I was like 5 or 6 years old. I look different now. I could have posted nice comparison shots, too.

But Spider-Man wasn't actually there at my Wal-Mart. They were taking pictures of kids with a cardboard standee! How lame is that?

I'm sure the kids knew that this 2-dimensional Spidey was not the real superhero. Kids are smart that way.

But I drove to two other Wal-Marts and it was the same thing. No real Spider-Man! Dang it!

What a bummer that turned out to be.

Though I don't collect them, the toys looked really cool. I saw Spider-Man, two different versions of Sandman, the Green Goblin, (the back of the card shows a cool figure of Harry in the Goblin gear but I couldn't find it in the stores), and there was a black Spider-Man and a version of Peter ripping the symbiant off of him. The black Spider-Man is not the official Venom. He might be in the first assortment as well, but I didn't have time to look because I had to go to the other stores to see if Spider-Man would really be at any of them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, I just posted a picture of myself with the Web Slinger from my day at Wal-Mart. The guy was really good, jumping up on counters, and crouching on the ground. Sorry you got a bad version, maybe it's because he was at my store instead.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

He wasn't at my WM either but it didn't really matter to me. However I did get an automated phone call from him to come check out the new toys at my favorite store!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

One of the customer service managers at my Wal-Mart told me that Spider-Man had to leave suddenly to go fight a super-villain, so that's why he could be there. Oh well. I sure hope he won.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Spider-Man had to leave suddenly to go fight a super-villain, so that's why he could be there. Oh well. I sure hope he won.
    He should take it easy...he's not Superman you know.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

at my local WM, the photo ops didn't start until 10 am and i was there around 9. the door greeter was passing out little flyers about this promotion. i did see a cardboard spidey but i just figured it was a store display and not what you'd be taking pictures with!

i don't collect these figures either but i have to admit, they looked pretty cool

Tycho, maybe they didn't want kids (or you) to be scared off by a guy in a tight grape smuggling costume.

I'm sure they'd instruct the WM Spidey to do "the tuck" so as not to scare off the littluns (or their mommies), Skeez. Any self-respecting superhero does that without being asked anyhow. It's part of the Costumed Crusaders Code of Ethics.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

It wouldn't have scared the mother of at least one SSG forumite.
    Tommy, close your eyes.