Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

thought today was "release day"? the 25th...found nothing!

I went to four stores this morning to find 30th anniversary star wars. I went to two Wal Marts, a Target, and K Mart. And NOTHING! There was not any 30th anniversary on the shelf. What gives? I am frustrated. I read all over the internet and heard from a fellow local star wars collector that 30th anniversary would be released today. I just wasted time and gas. Anyone else frustrated?
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I haven't found any either so don't feel bad.

Today wasn't a "strict" release date like the ones for the movie figures were (May 3, 1999, April 23, 2002, and April 2, 2005), but was more like the ones that Target has for its various exclusives from time to time. Some people adhere to it, some do not.

yeah this weekend turned up dry for alot of people. checked two walmarts two TRU and two Targets and found nothing for the TAC. I was really hoping that there would be a big section for them like the Spidey 3 displays. Was even shocked that I went to Milltown Target and saw they had only 3 figures and a vehicle for the Spidey 3 release.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I haven't checked today, and probably won't check until Friday or Saturday. I checked yesterday though. Wal-Mart moved their figures to a different spot. The pegs they have are still filled with TSC. The only new stuff I found was the Treachery on Saleucami pack. Both Wal-Mart and Target have spots for the comic packs, but haven't seen any in a while.

I have some clarification on this "release day". The only thing that was a strict date was 03.24.07 for Spiderman 3 and POTC3, per Hasbro. It is even on the boxes. For Target, the date signifies the first day of the week (3.25 - Sunday) for a reset or endcap (04.08 - Sunday - for the Order 66 exclusives). The stores have until the end of that week to set those displays. Depending on the store and the available space, these resets may be done earlier or at the end of the week.
    I did see in one Target that they had reset both figure aisles early in the week and the must have filled them with SM3 and POTC3 Friday night. There was of course no TAC, but I had gotten a few there two weeks ago.
    I have seen in some stores the little sign saying "We cannot search the backroom blah,blah blah", so I guess it depends on the manager.

I went to two Targets and didn't see much of anything. I got a set of Order 66 by asking an employee at the second Target, but otherwise, it was clear they had no plans to put them out right away. I'm set with TAC 1 but all I saw was a lone Lava Miner at one of the stores.
    Galactic Barn Burner

here hoping that in a week or so the stores will reset and everyone will get both waves of the TAC
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I don't have a problem with being patient. I was just curious and I believe I must have been misinformed.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I aint found s**t either
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten