Hybrid View

Talking The Bon Jovi appreciation thread

Yes, my name is Tycho, and I like listening to Bon Jovi.

"Have a nice day!"

Songs include:

Wild Is the Wind
    You Give Love a Bad Name
    Without Love
    Stick to Your Guns
    Never Say Goodbye
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    Let It Rock
    Living on a Prayer
    Social Disease
    Raise Your Hands
    Wild in the Streets
    It's My Life
    Keep the Faith
    Dry County
    I'll Be There For You
    Born to Be My Baby
    Bad Medacine
    Lay Your Hands on Me
    Blood on Blood

There's really too many hits to mention. I think Bon Jovi is hard to classify for some. They aren't exactly heavy metal, but you can't call them alternative, grunge, pop, or hip-hop. They belong on a hard rock / heavy metal channel on your radio dial.

Still they perform catchy lyrics and fun songs with a little bit of a rebel attitude and Jon Bon Jovi's solo work for Young Gunns II was awesome as well.

So what do you think of Bon Jovi?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like them, they are fun. "Always" is a good tune.

I also like the bit they did with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog a few years back.
    "My name is this guy, I have a beard."

I think of "Always" as that great Saliva song.

"I love you!
    I hate you!
    I just can't live without you!"

I'm not familiar with Bon Jovi doing a song by that title. I know their 80's / 90's stuff better than anything they did recently however.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Suprised you didn't mention "Little Runaway" I think it was his first hit? That's not Richie Sambora on the smoking lead, but Neil Schon (Journey) OK, can we get back to commenting on why Bon Jovi has no chest hair anymore, after being a chest hair farmer in the 80's, without getting scolded by the moderator? I know, I'm being digressively redundant

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    OK, can we get back to commenting on why Bon Jovi has no chest hair anymore, after being a chest hair farmer in the 80's, without getting scolded by the moderator? I know, I'm being digressively redundant
    Was that thread closed? I forgot. It was about Bon Jovi's action figure.

Suffice it to say, it's not the model ideal for men to be hairballs, but rather to look like "Ken." Many men now shave but don't talk about it. There's no place to really stop shaving on one's body anyway - if you're going for smooth back and shoulders - and you get to the chest and can look like Austin Powers or "the new David Hasselhoff." Baywatch was successful. So what can I say?

Harry dudes remind us more that we originated from apes, but even Axl Rose seems to shave before he sings "Welcome to the Jungle" Hahaha.

Anyway, it seems to be tabboo to talk about male shaving (waxing, etc) because it's so metrosexual or said to be indicative of latent homosexuality. There isn't a correlation there, as many men just want to be attractive to women, but don't want to admit to it.

The best thing I remember about JBJ is going to one of his concerts with my then girlfriend, and one of her female friends and being bounced between these two amply chested women. I must say I was in Heavan that night!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I think of "Always" as that great Saliva song.

"I love you!
    I hate you!
    I just can't live without you!"

I'm not familiar with Bon Jovi doing a song by that title. I know their 80's / 90's stuff better than anything they did recently however.
    Check it out Tycho, it's a good tune. It's from 1994 IIRC and I think it was going to be the theme song to the movie Romeo is Bleeding but I don't think it ended up that way.

Seriously, if you like their other sappy stuff, this is as good as it gets from BJ.