Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I saw that movie Balls of Fury a few months ago and while it was less than stellar, I gave it bonus points for rockin a heavy dosage of Def Lep tunes. The main character was a HUGE fan of these guys.

Def Leppard, very solid band that continues to pump out good music even in the face of adversity (Willis, Allen, & Clark).
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

'in the Lep!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I liked Pyromania, but Hysteria was so played out on the radio and MTV back in the days that I could never listen to them again. Right around the time all the big haired clones copied Hysteria and attacked in 88, making the whole enterprise even more insufferable, I switched over to Zeppelin and the classic rock gods.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

BCJ, I read once that "Rocket" was supposed to be a nod to classic rock and especially to T Rex. That probably explains the songs they refer to.

Given when and where they were growing up, as well as some of the other somewhat surprising musical influences they've cited, I'd wager Elton was a huge influence on them. Keep in mind that Elton was once among the baddest rockers out there, before the dark times, before the 80s.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So I just saw Def Leppard and Poison in concert last night. I took some great pics.

Have a look:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000546.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	21464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000543.jpg 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	21465  

I love Def Leppard! Their music just seems to get better as time goes on. Most of my favorite songs of theirs are the ones that didn't get much radio time at all, like Gods of War and Run Riot.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yup! I love those songs you mentioned: "Run Riot," and "Gods of War." Good pics - and "Die Hard The Hunter." From the newer stuff "Deliver Me," and "Tonight," plus "White Lightning."

You have good taste in music BigBarada.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000505.jpg 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	21471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000514.jpg 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	21472  

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I liked Pyromania, but Hysteria was so played out on the radio and MTV back in the days that I could never listen to them again. Right around the time all the big haired clones copied Hysteria and attacked in 88, making the whole enterprise even more insufferable, I switched over to Zeppelin and the classic rock gods.
    That's probably how I feel as well. Pyromania was when I first heard them, and that was a great album. I have the vinyl, and it's still the only Def Leppard I own. The first two albums had some good stuff as well. The hits from Hysteria were okay, but they seemed to have a different feel to them. I think it removed any notion that they were a heavy metal band, that's for sure.

1990 was also when I truly got into Zeppelin, as that is when I got the first boxed set. A year later, Nirvana and the whole grunge/alternative thing broke and that's more where my musical interests went.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So I just saw Def Leppard and Poison in concert last night.
    I'm sorry.

If you can't guess I'm not a fan of either band. Def Leppard at least has talent and songs I don't mind hearing. Posion and look alike/sound alike bands are the reason I stopped listening modern rock as a kid. It wasn't until I heard my dad playing U2's Achtung Baby did I start listening to current stuff again.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane