Thread: Order 66 Review

Order 66 Review

I got this set today. All in all, I think it's a little overrated. The presentation is the best thing about it. The art on them is awesome and the little tubes are solidly built. You can actually take the figures out easily without messing up the packaging. The packaging gets an A+.

Commander Thire: The curse of the Evolution trooper mould. This clone looks better holding his helmet. If you put it on, the head is way to friggin' big. It looks funny next to the regular shocktroopers. And of course the chin sticks out no matter what. Also, there's something shocking about the red "skirt." It's like a bad neon sign from hell. The only saving grace is that a shocktrooper commander makes sense. They should have used the regular clone commander mold though. C- (Unless you want a bunch of big-headed commanders, I don't see the point of army building).

Commander Bow: Now, this clone commander not only makes sense, but he looks just fine. Nothing spectacular, just a regular clone commander mold with the 501st design. Got some weird orange-yellow weathering on the legs. Whatever. B+(I personally would not army build, but mostly because I take it at face value this is a singular commander).

Kashyyk Trooper: Caca. No, literally, it looks like caca. It looks like someone's half-assed custom. Or like a poorly done prototype. The figure appears to be put together with different colored plastic parts rather than a good paint job. The camoflauge design is amateurish; I'm pretty sure I could have applied a better camo design. A terrible clone. So why did I buy it? Cause I'm stoopid. F+(hey, it's super articulated; other than that, I wouldn't wish this clone on my worst enemy, so I'm not going to troop build).

Galactic Marine: That's what I'm talkin' about! It actually looks like the missing link between the regular Galactic Marine and a Snowtrooper! Great looking clone. Crisp colors that make it distinct enough from the first Galactic Marine to appreciate, but it goes well next to it's brethren. It also goes well with Mace's clones and the Mace Airborne trooper. I like everything about this guy. A (worth getting at least 2 of).

Airborne Trooper: You really can't complain too much about another Airborne Trooper. Except the paint design doesn't look quite right for a 501st. And I'm not that picky. On the crown of the helmet is a big oval blob that looks like a yarmulke(sic). It's way too wide. It compares unfavorably to the way Hasbro incorporated the Utapau clone helmet markings on the Utapau driver(see below). Also, the pauldron harness kind of covers the 501st design on the chest. It's weird to say, but other than the color, you have to kind of squint to tell this is a 501st clone; I'm exagerrating, but not much. Still, I'm glad I have it. B-(Maybe worth getting an extra one of. Can live without it).

Utapau AT-ST driver:I actually really liked this clone when I actually took it out of the package. Don't know why, but this is a clone I definitely appreciated in hand better than behind the plastic. There's a rough quality to the plastic; they did a good job on the weathering I guess. He looks good, and again, he makes sense. He's a nice compliment to the existing Utapau clones, and with the Utapau Airborne out now, even better. B+(worth getting at least 2 of)

Overall review: B+ if you're just happy with a set for display; C- if you wanted to troop build, it's not economical and most of the clones aren't troop building worthy, in my humble opinion.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Thanks for the great review!!! Can't wait to see the Mace/Marine and Kenobi/Driver in person!

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Utapau AT-ST driver:I actually really liked this clone when I actually took it out of the package. Don't know why, but this is a clone I definitely appreciated in hand better than behind the plastic. There's a rough quality to the plastic; they did a good job on the weathering I guess. He looks good, and again, he makes sense. He's a nice compliment to the existing Utapau clones, and with the Utapau Airborne out now, even better. B+(worth getting at least 2 of)
    I read a guy's review on another message board, and he said the strap was "cut off" of the gun with his sample. How about yours? Does the gun have the strap?

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post
    I read a guy's review on another message board, and he said the strap was "cut off" of the gun with his sample. How about yours? Does the gun have the strap?
    Come to think of it, it doesn't have the strap. But I never liked straps on guns because they usually just get in the way, especially when they're hard plastic straps that make the figure have to point the gun at weird angles.

Oh, and by the way, the Palpatine that comes with Thire has a soft good cloak. I don't recall the original one having that.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Come to think of it, it doesn't have the strap. But I never liked straps on guns because they usually just get in the way, especially when they're hard plastic straps that make the figure have to point the gun at weird angles.
    I'm bummed because the strap completes the driver look IMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:AT-RT_Driver.jpg
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image...iple_views.jpg

Something's missing without the strap.

By the way, apart from the color scheme of the armor, there's another difference between the Order 66 Galactic Marine and the TAC 1 GM. The Order 66 Marine's complexion is much lighter.

Also, if you take the helmet from a TAC 1 GM and put it on the Order 66 Marine, it looks excellent; but the reverse looks weird.
    Galactic Barn Burner