Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cafe Corner, best Lego town set EVER!

Café Corner
    Item #: 10182
    Ages: 16+
    Pieces: 2056
    $150 (£90) or thereabouts.

So. Damn. Cool. Already out. hunger for it I do mmmmmmmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10182-1.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	15254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acba_1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	15255  

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    Café Corner
    Item #: 10182
    Ages: 16+
    Pieces: 2056
    $150 (£90) or thereabouts.

So. Damn. Cool. Already out. hunger for it I do mmmmmmmmm.
    I'm in total agree you. This is very likely the best Town set ever.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

wow. just wow! that looks amazing..

*adds to Christmas list*
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Wow. Definitely is one of the better looking sets.

Any more pictures of it? I'm too lazy to look right now.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Haven't seen any besides the two I attached. I don't think the official site has added a turnaround yet. The interiors aren't detailed though. besides having staircases. and there are connectors on the sides so you can join two three or four sets together.
    there are only three minifigs with the set but given how many of those minifigs people must have that's possibly a blessing.

Only thing that slightly disappoints me is the larger arched windows. just looks like a regular window with a big wheel arch in front. Seems about time Lego came up with some real arched windows like one they faked with a sticker on the Spiderman Doc Ock's fusion lab set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0002YNOWK.02.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	15257  

If you hadn't said that about the wheel-well arches on the Cafe Corner set, I never would have noticed that, but now I'll never NOT notice that.

The set looks amazing, but is way outside my pricerange. I wish they'd produce this level of quality at the lower pricepoints again, they've been in a downward slide there for years now IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

teh wife picked this up - and we will be handing this over to Jr this morning for Easter. I cant wait to see the look on his face.. and I cant wait to knock him outta the chair so I can start to build it. ( doubtful, Im at work, and Ill prolly miss him building the darn thing while I sleep the day away.. ) Im totally excited about this thing though. The box is HUGE. .... Ill take some pics and be sure to give a decent report.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

i saw a completed display of this set at my local Lego store. as impressive as the pictures look, it's even more so in person. alas, it would totally bust my collecting budget

smojr with his completed set.

There were a few lil pieces missing.. but nothing we couldnt cover with stuff we had onhand. He started at 9am.. and minus a few breaks. and throw in Easter breakfast with teh family.. he finished around 5:30pm..

http://media.flurl.com/media2/jpg/20...063_weesmo.jpg

He was thrilled to no end when he saw it on the table.

I've been looking round for a scan of the instructions on this one. Just curious about how certain parts of it are put together. no luck yet. guess everyone is just too busy enjoying 'playing' with it. I'm definitely buying it though. it's too sexy to pass up.