Hybrid View

Talking Great White: Still on fire for anyone?

"Baby's on fire,
    And I'm burning up
    she lights my desire
    I can't get enough!"

House of Broken Love
    The Angel Song
    Heart the Hunter
    Highway Nights
    Rock Me
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy

What else do you guys have on your fan list?

Honestly, it's too bad about the pyrotechnics disaster. What's new with the band now? Are all their shows "victim benefits?" Will they record again?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Honestly, it's too bad about the pyrotechnics disaster.
    Really? You didn't mind cracking jokes about it at the time.

Well, it's ironic that they sing "Baby's On Fire." Back in the day when we had cassette tapes, it was the 2nd or 3rd song on side 2 of "Once Bitten, Twice Shy."

The accident at the concert wasn't really Great White's fault, IMO. The club owner insulated with flamable material and either failed to inform the roadies about it, or said "it would be OK." In turn, the stage crew never checked out whether it would be safe to use pyrotechnics, and the disaster happened.

All the band members did was come expecting to play their guitars and drums. However, their "corporation" is responsible for their crew's actions and the pyrotechnics went with the territory.

I certainly don't laugh at people burning to death or dying of smoke inhalation and unable to escape a crammed night club that's filled past capacity. I find humor in the irony that they sing a song called "Baby's On Fire," though.

I think that was the same thing I was getting at the last time I discussed this as I don't see the situation where I'd find people dying like that funny at all.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Personally, I like "Mr. Bone". Fun song. I also like their cover of Zepplins "Baby, I'm going to leave you" (not sure if that's the song title or not)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

They were one of the better hair-era bands. It really is too bad that they'll always be remembered as the guys at that nightclub.
    Tommy, close your eyes.