Okay, it was a struggle . . . but I finally narrowed it down to Five.
5) TC-14 -- Finally, a protocol unit whose legs aren't ridiculously wide apart! And the silver finish and the eye detail is well done. Plus the accurate tray was a great accessory. Nicely doubles as the rude droid on Bespin in ESB.
4) 2-1B -- This was IMOP the first landmark in droid figures and for a very long time, truly the highwater mark in the newline. The sculpt is flawless. And the battered, pitted deco just blew me away. It still does. Now the only thing that could make this fig better is elbow joints. But, honestly, who thought of that at the time?
3) R2D2 w/HOLOGRAM LEIA -- the tiny blue packin is cheesy but in a fun retro cool way. How I'd have dug this as a child. Also the best R2 figure to date.
2) R4M9 -- a long awaited type of astro droid and from the carded photos we've seen thus far, a real winner. Now if only R5D4 would come down the pipe.
and drumroll please for the best droid fig ever . . .
1) FX-7 Not a big surprise, I'm sure. Everything about this figure is perfect. Enough Said.
What are your favorites?