Hybrid View

Thumbs down AotC basic sabers.

I'm glad to see the increase in number of colors, but find it disappointing that the "basic" series is limited to 2 hilts: Obi Wan Kenobi's (which is new) and Qui Gon Jinn's (which is recycled from the TPM line)

I would, at least, like to have seen the purple bladed saber have Mace Windu's correct hilt...

I agree, I'm immensily disapointed in these. I was planning to pick up the Dooku version to take to the movie premire, because it would be smaller then the Hasbro electronic version. And then we get a picture that they are just rehashing the hilts for all 6 variations. Like I said else thread, I guess it saves me money for the rip off movie theater popcorn.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I would like more hilts as well, that Qui-Gon one didn't sell well at all in its first release, I can't imagine it selling better now that it's not even in the film.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think it didn't sell well 'cause kids weren't attracted to it as much as they were with Maul's and Obi-Wan's. Qui's saber was just kinda, eh.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

you know if they wanted to do something that would have been cheap for them and cool for us they could have made Anakin's AotC hilt and given it the blue blade, and then taken the same hilt, painted the end black and given it a red blade and we'd have Anakin and Vader's. I'd buy both of those in a heartbeat.

I think the Ep 1 Basic saber failed because it was the ONLY one. Why the heck would most kids want a saber that is built to fight when there is no variety? The only saber you could buy was the green-bladed Qui-Gon saber, the Maul one got extremely limited late release, so all you could do was fight Qui-Gon against Qui-Gon. This was a total lack of cross-playability on Hasbro's part, they SHOULD have released Maul and Qui-Gon's basic sabers at the same time. (This is the same problem with the Mega Action figures - release just Maul, then Maul and Obi-Wan, then Maul, Obi-Wan and Droideka... Should have released Maul and Obi-Wan at the same time in the same case in equal numbers, then released Vader and Luke, then the Droideka and Qui-Gon, etc.)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.