Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bobafrett's 2007 Relay for life cancer walk

My fellow forumites, For the third consecutive year, I will be walking in the Normal, Illinois American Cancer Society's "Relay for life". I am asking if you can, make a donation at my personal ACS page.

http://www.acsevents.org/relay/il/mclean/barry

If you would rather pay by check, drop me a PM, and I will give you an address to make your donation.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relay for life page.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	15274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relay for Life page.1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	15275  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'm happy to donate to such a wonderful cause Barry!

I really hope you not only reach, but also exceed your goal. Speaking of which, is WM going to match again this year?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

After having helped me with my March of Dimes crusade, I will be more than happy to help you out! Best of luck, Barry!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'll be willing to donate to your cause. Are you marching in your stormtrooper armor again?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I'm happy to donate to such a wonderful cause Barry!

I really hope you not only reach, but also exceed your goal. Speaking of which, is WM going to match again this year?
    Not sure, they dropped the ball last year, so I was unable to get the matching funds. It was in part due to the ACS people too. They only gave me credit for my online donations, all cash and check donations went under the team total. Wal-Mart wanted proof that I raised the $1,000 myself. Overall I raised over $1,000.00 myself, thanks in part to donors like you folks here at SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    After having helped me with my March of Dimes crusade, I will be more than happy to help you out! Best of luck, Barry!
    Thank you very much! I try to do what I can, and I appreciate you returning the favor. They are both excellent causes, and I would be willing to help anybody with a worthwhile goal.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    I'll be willing to donate to your cause. Are you marching in your stormtrooper armor again?
    You bet, not the whole time though. We are in and out of costume many times over the 24 hours. That you again for your support Kool-aid killer!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Not sure, they dropped the ball last year, so I was unable to get the matching funds. It was in part due to the ACS people too. They only gave me credit for my online donations, all cash and check donations went under the team total. Wal-Mart wanted proof that I raised the $1,000 myself. Overall I raised over $1,000.00 myself, thanks in part to donors like you folks here at SSG.
    Oh really? That sucks frett. Sorry to hear that. Well I hope everything works out for you this time around.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I should let everyone know, that the walk is in June, so you still have time to make a donation at my page in the first post. You know, the post that is 6 posts before this one.

I'm up to $140.00, but still have a way to go to hit my goal of $1,200.00 Just keep this in mind as the next month comes and goes. If you have anything you might like to donate to the silent auction, PM me. The money raised at the silent auction goes toward the teams effort. Last year I donated a few of my extra card figures, and they were snapped up, and we raised an extra $50 for the team. Thanks again!

I've seem to stagnatted on the $140 for now. I sent out a lot of mail to family and friends, so I know that number will go up.

For those of you in the Southern California Inland Empire today (perhaps on your way to the Coachella music festival), there's a Relay For Life walk in the "slimey mudhole that rhymes with Sancho Bucagunga," at the high school off the 210 freeway and Milliken Ave. (Los Osos HS). It's great that these events are spreading more and more around the country. I myself am not a true "survivor," but I've had a few skin-level things removed, and several members of my family have either survived or succumbed to it, so it's a hitting-home situation.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."