Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Corollary to the Sith Rule of Two: There maybe only two with the title of Sith Lord, but each better have the next guy waiting in the wings for when he oversteps and gets taken out by you or someone else.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

One of the obvious lines of thought was:

Darth Plagueis created Anakin through Sith alchemy and experimentation. There are hints that Plagueis was a Munni, btw (Muunlist, CW cartoon, where IG-war droids were made for the Banking Clan, as well as the Hailfire Droids).

Plagueis wanted to use Sidious (Palpatine) as his apprentice, to take over the political power of the Republic (as Palpatine went along with that plan obviously) but then he'd turn Anakin loose on him and have Anakin become the new Sith Lord.

Palpatine didn't want to be replaced as the Apprentice, so he killed Plagueis and usurped Anakin eventually.

First he got Maul, probably stole him as a child under the guise he was going to bring him to the Temple for Jedi Training, but raised him Sith instead. Then he got Maul tattooed like a freak, so he'd never be able to be the politically correct leader widely accepted by the Republic. Maul was the perfect pawn until Obi-Wan upset Palpatine's plans in that area and brought Anakin back into the fold of things.

Then to build his military, Palpatine needed to engineer the Clone Wars. To set up the Jedi, they'd be both the Clones' Commanders (until Order 66) and he'd take one of their own, Dooku, to help him lay the blame on "Force users' doorsteps" as Dooku was an ex-Jedi. To tempt Dooku into it, he played a dangerous game because Dooku could feasibly win the war with General Grievous and he kept Ventress, Quinlan Vos, and others in the shadows, so as he embraced the Sith ways, Darth Tyranus could off Palpatine and have an apprentice waiting for him - especially one like Quinlan Vos who could also command a Clone Army.

Ever slick, Palpatine didn't let Dooku get too far off a short leash, and he had manipulated Anakin in the wings, then ultimately had him take Dooku down. Anakin would have served him brilliantly and loyally, but Obi-Wan always screws up Palpatine's plans and the midichlorian boy wonder ended up in a life-support suit.

Ironically, if Palpatine knew Luke existed even then (at the end of ROTS), he'd wait patiently until Obi-Wan had trained Luke (it would be obvious what Jedi would take in the son of Anakin in the first place) and then turn Luke against his father and replace Vader with his own son. This strategy was certainly tried in ROTJ.

At the very same time, Vader wanted to turn Luke and have his help in off-ing Palpatine.

It never stops with the Sith.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"This" and an expletive are anagrams of "Sith." "This Sith Sh**" is a bit of a tongue twister. Even more so for this guy: "Hi, my naymth Jethro and I can't thay the letter eth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    But the EU likes to constantly say, "No, that character isn't a Sith. It's a Sith Witch, or a Sith in Training. The Hands aren't apprentices. They are Apprentices in Training." I think the whole thing adds up to "we can do whatever we want." It is avoiding the rule through semantics.
    Thank you all for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    So no depth, a guy claiming to have created the idea of the Clone Wars altogether amongst other characters involved in the series, rewriting said characters after the novels and the comics have established them? So if you mean being one of the single biggest portrayers of continuity inclusion, go ahead, keep up with the liar's cartoons.
    Huh?

Given the lead time on a book, comic, or cartoon, I'd say no one ripped off the characters from anyone or intentionally wrote them in a way that was inconsistent with anyone else's version. They were given visuals and brief descriptions and told to run with them.

I'm going to always pick the dude who created Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab over some sci-fi author I never would've heard of if he hadn't written a mediocre Clone Wars novel.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Thank you all for proving my point.
    What is your point (beyond your point)?

I get it: there is not literally two Sith by themselves, but potential apprentices waiting in the wings.

And you feel this is bad? Because?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The whole Rule of Two is stupid anyway...they took a comment from Yoda in TPM and completely blew it out of proportion and up into this goofy infrastructure of Sith-hood and these "Rules" that don't really exist in Star Wars.

And since when do the Sith follow rule anyway. There is only really one rule they follow. Do whatever you have to do to get power. Actually, there was some sort of code in KOTOR or KOTOR 2 as well. Aha, I found it on wiki.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Huh?

Given the lead time on a book, comic, or cartoon, I'd say no one ripped off the characters from anyone or intentionally wrote them in a way that was inconsistent with anyone else's version. They were given visuals and brief descriptions and told to run with them.

I'm going to always pick the dude who created Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab over some sci-fi author I never would've heard of if he hadn't written a mediocre Clone Wars novel.
    But he did. He made Durge into a mindless beast. That seems odd for the head of Special Operations to be mindless. Made Ventess into thinking she could supplant Dooku or Palpatine when she was too busy running campaigns in sort of the same role as the Jedi Knights were. She was well part of the Sepratists long before the little tournament.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

My point was, Lucasfilm essentially gave Dark Horse and Hanna-Barbera character designs and told them to run with them. The interpretations were indeed different. But it's because they were developed independently, not because one creator decided to "undo" the other.

Durge wasn't exactly mindless. He was silent. To me, that makes him a lot more menacing than Dark Horse's version, which can't shut the hell up.

And for nigh-indestructible, showing him as a mass of interconnected fibers worked better than him saying that a lightsaber through his head tickled. I wish I were making that quote up. That moment is one of the worst in SW comics history, and I'm including the entire Marvel run when I say that.

Also, if you check the timeline at starwars.com, the tournament takes place much earlier than the rest of the micro-series. It's an after-the-fact fix, but it works.
    Tommy, close your eyes.