Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saving UPC Symbols

Do you still bother saving the UPC bardcode symbol that is enclosed on each box or figure that you buy?

I know that a few years ago, there was a promotion that let Star Wars collectors turn in their points (I believe an online promotion, something tells me E-Bay? )

There is a huge Zip-Loc bag of them sitting in my dresser right now, and something is telling me that I shouldn't bother wasting time and space to cut these little suckers out, and wait for something to happen with them.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

They used to have JEdi Master points on them. They held an auction a few years back to redeem them, but nothing after that.

LBC likes hockey
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

For some reason, even though I open my figures, I've kept all the cards. So, I have a card for just about every figure I purchased since the POTF2 started.

Vote for El Chuxter in '08.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Those Jedi Master Points will pay off some time, I have to keep faith !

I hope they do Caesar, I just recently opened all my figures and saved all my JMP's.

JimJamBonds ran in the Boston marathon last year
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I never give a second thought towards saving those things.

I used to keep all of my cardbacks (and they just may be in my storage shed still) but I could care less about any promotions.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Those Jedi Master Points will pay off some time, I have to keep faith !
    Yeah, if you're ever camping and need some tinder to help start your fire then those JMP's will come in real handy (I prefer dryer lint and parafin wax though.) Other than that, Hasbro pretty much told us they were worthless after the "auction." They didn't completely rule out using them in the future, but it would be hard to imagine they would come up with a mail-in or anything to redeem something they haven't had on packages in years.

I save all my cards as well. At the time of the Jedi Master Point Auction, I didn't have too many open, but I cut them out from as many as I could, but never used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Do you still bother saving the UPC bardcode symbol that is enclosed on each box or figure that you buy?
    Yes. Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Always have, always will. Save and store the whole card/box, as others have mentioned previously.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(