Hybrid View

I love listening to my Ultimate Star Wars Soundtrack Playlist

John Williams is the greatest ever! I took all 6 Star Wars soundtracks and put the music all in order of the movies (well added ROTS to the file I'd already made by 2005 actually).

But I really enjoy listening to it. Up until this morning, I hadn't played it in a while, but turned it on like at 10 am. By almost 3pm it was on ANH when I just shut it down so I could take a nap. I'd been listening while I did house chores and what not.

But I just love Williams' work and needed to post that (again).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Definitly good music to listen to while doing household chores. Some of the Midwest Garrison 501st legion troops got to work when John Williams was here doing some of his finest works last year. I missed out because I had to work.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Out of curiosity, do you have the SOTE soundtrack and the "Imperial March" remix from Force Commander on there?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have the SOTE soundtrack and the "Imperial March" remix from Force Commander on there?
    No. I guess I'm incomplete.

A friend of mine bought the SOTE soundtrack a while ago. But it wasn't John Williams and it wasn't from a movie. I didn't appreciate it a lot on those points. Maybe I should give it another chance.

But like I said, it's not John Williams.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    John Williams is the greatest ever!
    Amen to that. He is one of a very few composers who consistently wrings out the emotion in a film. I don't think SW would be as "fleshed out" were it not for his sound tracks.

Even though it was poorly received, I have always had a soft spot for "Hook", primarily because of the sound track (and for the theme that children are one's "happy thought" *sniff*). The music is THE best thing about the flick.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

The music he wrote for the speeder bike chase is my favorite piece.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    The music he wrote for the speeder bike chase is my favorite piece.
    There's no music during that part. This must be a joke where you forgot the emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    There's no music during that part. This must be a joke where you forgot the emoticon.
    My jokes don't need a laugh track.

SOTE is pretty good, but it's not Williams. I kind of like it, even though it sounds more "Braveheart" than "Star Wars."

The Imperial March Rage Mix was available on Lucasarts' site until recently. I just did a search, though, and they took it down.
    Tommy, close your eyes.