Green Arrow movie... this just sounds weird

From Yahoo! News:

"Blade" filmmaker locks up "Super Max" project

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Blade" writer/producer David Goyer, who said in February that he was longer involved in the upcoming adaptation of "The Flash," is jumping back into the DC Comics universe with a new project titled "Super Max."

The Warner Bros. film, which Goyer revealed Saturday on the WizardUniverse.com site, will be built around the Green Arrow, who is tossed into a maximum security prison for super-villains when he is wrongly convicted of a crime.

Goyer and his wife, Jessika Borsiczky Goyer, are attached to produce. No director is yet on board. The project is based on an original idea by Justin Marks, who is writing the screenplay.

Within 10 minutes of entering the prison, the Green Arrow will be stripped of his identity, Goyer told the site. "They shave his goatee and they take his costume and send him to prison for life, and he has to escape. It's like 'Alcatraz,' and he has to team up with, in some cases, some of the very same villains he is responsible for incarcerating in order to get out and clear his name. Of course, tons of people try to kill him while he's in there. We've populated the prison with all sorts of B and C villains from the DC Universe."

Goyer, who co-wrote Warners' "Batman Begins," directed "The Invisible," which Disney is releasing April 27.
    Soooooo....

This is a full-length movie about a fairly obscure DC hero no one cares about, but instead of being a straightforward introduction, it becomes a prison escape movie starring a bunch of B-list (and worse) villains, who, again, likely no one cares about?

How the heck did this get a green light?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know I'm going to skip this already. It has the disadvantages of a weak plot and a B-list superhero. Not to mention, it's a DC property, and they pretty much only have two major cash cows: Superman and Batman. The rest are all in limbo, they have the possibility to be good or bad. I think that Wonder Woman, Flash, and maybe Green Lantern would make for decent movies, but I'm not so sure about Green Arrow.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

i'll bet you that this never gets off the ground

Green Arrow without his bows, arrows, or costume! Watch out we've got a blockbuster on our hands!

I think it could actually work as a TV show: Prison Break meets Smallville. But as a movie, I don't see any way to compress it into two hours. Especially given that no one will know Green Arrow (he may've been on Smallville, but does every moviegoer in America follow that show religiously?), and they'll have to establish who he is.

Never mind that if "B and C villains from the DC Universe" means folks like Captain Boomerang, Crazy Quilt, Calendar Man, the Royal Flush Gang, and the like, not only would it have to establish them, but how do you get the audience to like (or hate), say, a dude who wears pajamas and commits silly calendar-based crimes?
    Tommy, close your eyes.