Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WAVE 3: What you're getting

With Wave 2 starting to show up, what's your plans for TAC Wave 3? According to SSG's official list, it will include

Biggs Darklighter (Academy)
    Darth Vader
    Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
    Jawa & LIN Droid
    Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator
    Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet)
    McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca

I want 1 Biggs, 1 Elis Herlot, at least 1 Jawa, 3 Stormies, and 1 Chewbacca (to keep carded). No Luke... I don't want a vaporator that badly... and no Vader.

Luke looks like crap, and I don't need the vaporator that badly.

I'm tired of Vader. He's been overdone more than Tatooine Luke even dreamed of.

I have no desire for stupid, inaccurate Stormtroopers with Jango heads.

So one each of Elis, Biggs, Chewie, and definitely that b****in' Jawa for me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

1 Biggs, 1 Elis Hellrot, several Jawas since they don't have the "skylight" in their hoods (and I'll take the vest off half of them so they look different, & several Stormtroopers - not sure how many yet - probably 4 or 6.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

I will be getting one of each of these. I have enough stormtroopers at this point that army building would be silly. But, everything here looks good. However, taking a look at the cantina patrons, it depends on what you can do with curved bar sections...
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Definitely Biggs, Elis, Jawa, and Chewie. I'm tired of Vaders but I might get the Luke if the vaporator looks good in person.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I've pre-ordered the full wave (one of each) from R2DToys - they also list Miiyoom Onith as being included, so I hope that's right. I don't really want another Vader, but it will probably work out cheaper for me to buy the full set, than trying to track down the 6 or 7 I do want.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I'll play because I don't want a lot here, but I keep thinking these threads are like telling scalpers what to go and hoarde off the racks. That's why I said I was buying like 97 Luke Skywalkers and Han Solos in the last one. If JarJar was in the wave, or a new Lushros Dofine...

Anyway:

1 Biggs Academy
    3 Elris Helrots
    1 Myoom Onith
    1 Jawa / LIN Droid
    1 Vader on Obi-Wan's robe (I'm a sucker. I admit it)
    1-6 Concept Chewbaccas (possibly for use as a random alien). If he's good I'll go for more:

Mos Eisley
    Mos Espa
    Coruscant (maybe for several - up to 3 - scenes)

That's probably all the EU use I could get out of the figure. If he's not good for any of it, I won't buy any of him.

This might be one of those situations where I should order the case considering what I want from it and that I could easily get friends to take my extras.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here's my wants for this wave.

X1 Biggs Darklighter (Academy) (might get 2 more for customs)
    X1 Darth Vader (Damn you Hasbro...just getting this for the Obi-wan robe "base")
    X1 Elis Herlot (Cantina Alien)
    X3 Jawa & LIN Droid
    X6 Luke Skywalker w/Moisture Vaporator (really just for the vaporators, I'll keep one of the Lukes, but will most likely donate the others to charity, unless someone here wants to buy one/some of the loose Lukes)
    X1 Miiyoom Onith
    X1 Stormtrooper (w/removable helmet) Yep, I'm not army building this one. I might get a few more for a partially off duty diorama. Not sure.
    X2 McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca
    Move along, move along

I think I'll grab at least two of each and I'll be going for extras of the Jawa Stormtrooper. I don't really care about the removeable helmet feature, I just want lots of Stormtroopers.

Darth Vader may be the only one I get a single of, the robe base is kind of cool but not cool enough to have feeling I need it. May just get his coin from somebody to plop in the album...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"