Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts?

Podcasts?

Anyone listen to any podcasts?
    What kinds?

I looked on Yahoo's podcast page and I really couldn't find much that caught my attention right off the bat, so I decided to ask for some suggestions for, well, pretty much any type of podcast or podcast website.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm subscribed to the daily ESPN Mike and Mike best of. Real Time with Bill Maher. News Hour with Jim Leher, Meet the Press, McLauglin Group. It's the way I stay informed/entertained when in the lab monday and tuesday and switch over to streaming radio later in the week.

All are available for FREE on iTunes.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Call me stupid, but what is a podcast? I hear about them all the time, but usually don't want to admit my ignorance.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

BAsically its shows or segments you can DL and listen to on your ipod.&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Ah, so totally useless for those of us who don't have iPods.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

pretty much, I dont know if you can play them if you DL Itunes though&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ah, so totally useless for those of us who don't have iPods.
    Not necessarily. You can listen to some on any mp3 player or your computer.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Windows Media Player won't play them on my system, but Quicktime does. It's the only way I can see the Sideshow podcasts (they have tiny images of new stuff as well as the talking part). Personally, I think they're lame - I've been asked by a few people to do podcasts, I have a good voice for such things I guess, but so far I'm not really into it, it's slower than reading and not as interactive as forums - I guess they make more sense if you're always on the go and don't want to read stuff in your PDA or something, but I don't care for it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Call me nuts, but I'd be more than happy if all Shockwave, RSS, and image-intensive navigation systems were totally done away with. Except for the Shockwave who wants to kill Megatron. That Shockwave is kewl.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks for asking, Chux. I was afraid to ask too.

JT, are you saying that your voice doesn't sound like the Professor from Futurama? That's how I read your posts. Just add "good news everyone" at the beginning. Don't worry, you not the only one I created a voice for; I read all of Mr. Daddypants' posts with a British accent (I don't know why, but usually with Michael Palin's voice).
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".