Thank God You're Here!

No, this isn't a religious thread. It's a new improvisational acting TV show on NBC. I caught a little of it last week, anybody else? It looks like it has a chance to succeed, perhaps better than Whose Line is It Anyway? did, since there are more guests (with bigger name recognition). I've been working with a new improv group/class locally, and the "skits" on this show are more of what is considered "real" improv, apparently. As Fergie says, "check it out." :madeupwordsalicious:
    "That's what Sheev said."

I missed the episode that was on at the same time as 24 I think, but I watched the second one. I missed the first couple minutes so I wasn't quite sure what was going on at first. Richard Kind seemed to be the most uncomfortable at it. Kevin Nealon probably has the most experience at it. The two women, Edie McClurg and Mo'Nique, seemed to do the best though.

I'd like to see what Jason Alexander and Angela Martin come up with.

NBC's website is showing it as being on Monday at 9pm and Wednesday at 8pm. I guess Central and Mountain would be an hour earlier as well. As always, check your local listings.

Looks like I'll miss both. 24 is on Monday at 9pm. Bones & Jericho are both on at 8pm Wednesday. Last week there were two episodes on Monday, the second one filling the spot left by the Black Donnellys.

I caught all 3 episodes so far, and it's a mixed bag. On the 1 hand, there is some inspired stuff, but on the other, the format feels stilted and the host and judge thing is right out of left field. Some of the actors they get are dreadful, but some are truly inspired comedians. I would like to see it paired down to 3 guests per ep rather than 4 because they either run too short or just can't always get someone funny and have to include "filler" celebs (Shannon Elizabeth), also I'd like to see more of the pre-taped bits and less of the yap-yap that comes from David Allen Grier and Dave Foley in between the stuff (which is strange since both are incredibly gifted comedians, but they need more interaction and less banal talking). Still, it's something different and enjoyable at a time when TV comedy is sorely lacking.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.