Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stormtroopers with Legion Markings

I have been discussing this with a buddy. We both liked the idea of Stormtroopers with legion markings. And he mentioned that even though the Stormtroopers in EIV have no legion colors, that there could have been transitional Stormtroopers between EIII and EIV that still had the legion markings after the armor changed to Stormtrooper armor, but before they stopped using the legion markings. How about it Hasbro!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Dear God, please don't give them ideas.

While I see the possibility that such Stormtroopers likely existed, I'm not in a hurry for Hasbro to get yet another silly gimmick to keep slapping on the same figure, the way they've been putting Jango heads on OT figures lately, or, more closely to this proposal, creating every possible color scheme for Clonetroopers than can be imagined.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

LOL...I expected the idea to generate some controversy. I am actually surprised that there is only one comment so far...but the thread is new and some members possibly just hate the idea too much to even comment on it.

But I really like the armored troopers. Canon, EU, completely imagined...I like them and would buy them all (if they are SA). And I think it could be done on the Saga legends line seeing as how they have already contaminated that line with another non-Saga figure (the 501st Clone Trooper). I am not complaining about the 501st being in the SL line, I am glad they did it. And I am glad that it could pave the way for a few more non-Saga pieces. And putting them in the Saga line would minimize (not alleviate, just minimize) the impact on the TAC line. Also...if they can do it to the Clones in the order 66 2-packs, they can do it for the Stormies as well.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'm already a little ticked that they stuck a Jango head under the new vintage Snowtrooper, so my thoughts on this would be NO!!!

For those of us who are happily collecting OT figures, just let us continue to pretend that the prequels don't exist.

In moderation, any of these gimmicks could be cool. But with both the Jango heads and the Clonetrooper markings, Hasbro has consistently proven they don't know the meaning of "moderation." Give them a third gimmick, and we're likely to only see multicolored Clonetroopers and Stormtroopers, all with Jango heads, in the future.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's starting to resemble Kenner's old Batman line from the 90s. So, now we just need a bright yellow Stormtrooper with black lightning bolts painted all over his body to make things complete.

I'm sorry, I think I just spilled the beans for Hasbro's latest version of Darth Vader.

Much as it pains me, go El Chuxster. There were white and black armored stormtroopers (and there's no black ones for the EU haters but for the time being let's not go down that path), that's it. The Imperial military did away with the markings to make them unified. Since they were loyal now to an Emperor and not a Jedi general, there color reverted to one uniform sterile unyielding symbol. This also helped in later years once the Rebellion started because now it took a lot of resources and analysis for the Rebels to pinpoint which unit committed what atrocity.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel View Post
    I have been discussing this with a buddy. We both liked the idea of Stormtroopers with legion markings. And he mentioned that even though the Stormtroopers in EIV have no legion colors, that there could have been transitional Stormtroopers between EIII and EIV that still had the legion markings after the armor changed to Stormtrooper armor, but before they stopped using the legion markings. How about it Hasbro!

Nice idea, I'd buy. I always wondered if their were any legion stormies.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Gawd please no. Leave stormtroopers alone. There were NO unit designations in the movies. We don't need to see this.
    Move along, move along