Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Action Fleet Limelight

Hey guys...well i just finished my new AF display cabinet and im pretty happy with the results (some of you may have seen it on RS too!).

I thought we could make this thread about showing off how you display your action fleet, so post your pics up!

So heres my new cabinet -

Display Pic

You can see my titanium protos on the bottom left and a couple of my AF protos (MTT and E-wing) on the bottom right. Ill post some close up shots soon
    PM me if you have any Micro Machines / Action Fleet Prototypes/First Shots for sale :)

Quote Originally Posted by darktrooper7 View Post
    Hey guys...well i just finished my new AF display cabinet and im pretty happy with the results (some of you may have seen it on RS too!).

I thought we could make this thread about showing off how you display your action fleet, so post your pics up!

So heres my new cabinet -

Display Pic

You can see my titanium protos on the bottom left and a couple of my AF protos (MTT and E-wing) on the bottom right. Ill post some close up shots soon
    holy cats that's amazing!...did you do the work yourself or have it done by someone else? either way, that's a phenomenal display!

unfortunately mine are no longer displayed...we moved into a much smaller house and there's just no room to display anything larger than a single mm at the moment

thanks for the pics...looking forward to more!

rj

Quote Originally Posted by RJarvis View Post
    holy cats that's amazing!...did you do the work yourself or have it done by someone else? either way, that's a phenomenal display!

unfortunately mine are no longer displayed...we moved into a much smaller house and there's just no room to display anything larger than a single mm at the moment

thanks for the pics...looking forward to more!

rj
    Thanks for the comments!

Yeh i built it myself. The front is cnc machined from a single sheet of MDF. I drew it up in CAD and had a friend machine it on his router. The back is a polycarb mirror, the shelves are glass and the front is UV coated lexan. The lights are all LED
    PM me if you have any Micro Machines / Action Fleet Prototypes/First Shots for sale :)

Imprrrresive......No really, that is amazing!

That looks incredible. I wish, I was that skilled. All my AF are on simple wall shelves.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Great work, looks very SW! I'd be too afraid to light mine for fear of the lights damaging the ships (I'm not clear on how much UV and IR those LEDs put out), but that looks very nifty, I may reconsider. What lights are you using on the bottom half? Are they just banks of LEDs instead of spots?

What Titanium protos ya got?

That's cool, I have one of those E-wing boxed test shots too, mine is milky semi-translucent white with hot pink and clear (I can't tell what accent color is on yours).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Great work, looks very SW! I'd be too afraid to light mine for fear of the lights damaging the ships (I'm not clear on how much UV and IR those LEDs put out), but that looks very nifty, I may reconsider. What lights are you using on the bottom half? Are they just banks of LEDs instead of spots?

What Titanium protos ya got?

That's cool, I have one of those E-wing boxed test shots too, mine is milky semi-translucent white with hot pink and clear (I can't tell what accent color is on yours).
    I am totally paranoid about UV and heat too, which is why i put in LED's. They are supposed to be zero UV and basically zero heat too. You can have them on for a few hours and they are basically cool to the touch! I dont leave the lights on all that much anyway.

The top has LED swivel down lights and the bottom has LED light bars - they are about 600mm long. Both are super bright and i had to shop around to find ones that give a decent light not just "mood lighting".

In terms of protos, i have a fair few - the Ewing sounds the same as yours, it came from Rick Schmidt, who you may know. In AF, I also have a sand crawler, a-wing, cloud car, 3 x-wings, 3 falcons, DV Tie, dewback, Flash speeder, MTT in test production colours, a boxed preview Theed set with the Gian Speeder, and a hand painted dagobah xwing test. Ive also got a 1:1 hand painted proto Mars Guo speeder which was in toy fair, and a scaled down Neva Kees resin proto. I think thats all of them from memory!

In Titanium i have - Ultra slave, xwing, DV tie and snow speeder. In normal titanium i have an xwing, darth maul speeder, leia speeder and an atat

I also have the unproduced Anakin transforming head and Watto's Shop sets and resin casts of both the unproduced Obi Wan and Nute Gunray head.

Im actually working on a website to showcase my collection so you will get to see everything soon (i hope!)

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I may have to re-think my display cabinet ideas now.

Where are the helmets from? They appear to be Riddell's but you have several more that what I am aware of that were produced.

Quote Originally Posted by ascmclarencoupe View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I may have to re-think my display cabinet ideas now.

Where are the helmets from? They appear to be Riddell's but you have several more that what I am aware of that were produced.
    They are the micro machine transforming head playsets