Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New & Improved Star Wars Insider

Who's gotten theirs..and what do you think. I kinda liked IDG's treatment better. I get several other mags like 24 & Lost occassionally, also published by Titan. Seems like too much splashy pinups & ads. I hope SW doesn't follow suit.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I haven't yet. My subscription was supposed to run out in May/June (this issue), but did you have to re-subscribe for this new one?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

No...it just carried over into the new publisher. My sub. runs out with the July/Aug issue.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Due to crappy customer service, I let my subscription go a couple years ago. I plan on getting the new one from a book seller next week to see if it's any better.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The New Insider - Its like seeing a new Han Solo figure, then realizing its the commtech Han.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Is it new and improved so that it doesn't suck anymore?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Can something really be new AND improved? It's either one of the other....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Somewhere, somehow I had read that it was coming out on newstands next week, but I found it today. It really looks like it used to, but then I haven't seen it for a couple years. The info is interesting so far (about 20 pages read), especially the Indy 4 stuff. I don't think I'll be resuming my subsrciption.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I forgot to add, but this came in the mail the same day I posted in this thread the first time . . . weird . . .

With the last publisher, I often had the feeling that they had no idea what the hell they were doing (though it still had some great moments). This new issue is already a lot better, to me, and I love the article on the 50 things you didn't know about ANH. It just seems more "polished" than before and had some better content (though this of course changes every time).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Can something really be new AND improved? It's either one of the other....

Not necessarily. If, say, The Pittsburgh Steelers released all of the current players and replaced them with NEW players but still retained the name, "The Pittsburgh Steelers," then the Pittsburgh Steelers would be new and improved. Well, new anyway. We'd have to see them play a few games to find out about the improved part.