Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Here are a few more shots, less serious in tone, some might even say punny. The lowest level of humor, at the lowest level in the western hemisphere; how apt. And I have NO IDEA how that number magically appeared in the sand...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BelCowJos.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	22579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmileCamJos.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	22580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1138Mystery.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	22581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMyPun.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	22582  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Went and saw some mud volcanoes on the eastern shore of the Salton Sea this weekend, and stopped by Cabazon to visit the dinosaurs from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

I wanted to take pics of the ruins around the Sea, but a variety of factors prevented that. Most are off the main road, and there aren't as many as I thought. The legendary North Shore Yacht Club is being restored, and the motel next to it has been torn down. I saw some stuff in Bombay Beach and Niland, but there were people living around them, and it seemed weird to snap pictures of crumbling buildings along the main road when there are people carrying groceries down the street right in front of them. (Next time, I'll go during the week, so there should be fewer people around.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0056.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	22583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0023.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	22584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	22585  
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've got a busy 2010 lined up....so far anyways!

March 25-29.....Las Vegas for cousins bachelor party
    June 3-6.....Weirs Beach, NH to Funspot for their 12th Annual International Classic Arcade and Pinball tournament. (Myself, my brother and friends go for the fun not to compete. :P)
    July 24-31....Family trip to Long Lake, NY

????.....Trip to the Mabudome.....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I remember when those dinosaurs were the ONLY vertical objects out there. But those bubblin' pics aren't crude but cool, Chux! My travels around the SS were underwhelming, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

But Disneyworld's parks were definitely whelming! Time for a list (LISTS... :drool: ) of my summer vacation...

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN NON-STAR WARS DISNEYWORLD EXPERIENCES
    10. Test Track (herky-jerky ride, but still fun)
    9. One Man One Dream show (they need to bring some of those Disney rides back! )
    8. street performer at Italy section of EPCOT (really talented, and I got to participate... without being embarrassed )
    7. EPCOT fireworks show (that fire on the lake was still hot, dozens of yards away)
    6. Indiana Jones stunt show (missed the first few minutes but was seen still great)
    5. Lion King show (not like the Broadway production; like a parade that stayed in one place)
    4. Tree of Life (carvings in it were amazing)
    3. Animal Kingdom Safari ride (early enough in the morning to actually see animals)
    2. Finding Nemo: the Musical show (despite it being cancelled about 5 minutes in the first time, still wonderful)
    1. Expedition Everest ride (and I'm not really a rollercoaster guy, but this was great... backwards in the dark)

No money, no plans but at least I'm now on vacation!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

You're in California, TI! That's a 3-D motion ride where people with back problems and expectant mothers shouldn't ride.

Leaving Saturday for my annual trip to the Adirondacks
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Not exactly a vacation and more of a desperate attempt to regain my sanity, but I am on the east coast in Nova Scotia and I can see the ocean from the kitchen
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Took a day to see the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA. That's where they pose like the people in famous paintings. But what I didn't know, was that there's a live (dead ones aren't as fun ) orchestra playing, and there are some sculptures posed, too. Driving back through Orange County freeway traffic around 2-3pm on a Friday afternoon was, like totally fun too, and stuff. Whatever...