Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Road trip to the Ozarks in just a few days from now with my son. We're off to the reunion of WWII vets from the 416th Bomb Group again this year. It's sad to know we've lost some members since the last one. The vets are really cool people.

Then we're of to the University of Oklahoma where my son has designs to get his bachelor's in meteorology. We'll see how that goes. He had planned to stay in-state and go to San Jose State, but they (and all other Calif. state universities) are only accepting freshmen students and no transfers whatsoever. It's fun living in an imploding train wreck of a state.

Should be a fun trip!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Road trip to the Ozarks in just a few days from now with my son. We're off to the reunion of WWII vets from the 416th Bomb Group again this year. It's sad to know we've lost some members since the last one. The vets are really cool people.

Then we're of to the University of Oklahoma where my son has designs to get his bachelor's in meteorology. We'll see how that goes. He had planned to stay in-state and go to San Jose State, but they (and all other Calif. state universities) are only accepting freshmen students and no transfers whatsoever. It's fun living in an imploding train wreck of a state.

Should be a fun trip!
    I graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1996!!!! No better state to learn about the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And a whole bunch of star wars figures available here

Agreed! I've always considered OU the "Harvard of Weather". My son would ultimately like to work for NOAA or the National Weather Service.

Oklahoma is a great state. Period!

It's fun living in an imploding train wreck of a state.

Should be a fun trip!
    I would think that would be horrid!
    Aside from the rain, I really enjoyed my days driving through the Ozarks several years back. Oh, if you encounter any rain, can you mail some back home to Cali?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Oklahoma is a great state. Period!
    I always heard that Oklahoma is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I always heard that Oklahoma is OK.
    I can't believe we used to have that slogan on our license plate......wait maybe we still do, I'd better go check....

Think about what the license plate would be if they'd have called their state Pennsylvania Union?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Think about what the license plate would be if they'd have called their state Pennsylvania Union?
    Oklahoma is PU?????? I mean we have cows and goats and stuff, but PU?

I used to live and go to school in Okmulgee, and also lived in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Like Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma is ok with me. That's the western edge of the Ozarks I do believe so it ain't all flat. Sorta hilly, Fog on the Barrow Downs (Hobbit) country.

Camped in the Ozarks, Arkansas. Some of the purest cleanest water there. Some places remind me of Last of the Mohican's country. Though not as much as the Appalachians.

Hope you enjoy your trip TeeEye.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Hope you enjoy your trip TeeEye.
    Thank you, sir! I'll wave and think of you as I pass through your city (like last year).