Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

I'm back, Jack!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1223.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	23657  
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I'm back, Jack!
    Is that pic from I-10, Glen? Or the I-40, Morty?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I-40. It was the CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK then I-44 to MO to the reunion of the WWII vets trip again.

BTW, Meteor Crater is one of those "bucket list" things I have to see and do, TI. I know I'll have to 'bookmark' that a place with such a 'magnetic' pull.

Thanks for the stuff!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Hooray! Vacation!

Off for the holidays! No work (per se) until I teach in our Academy at the beginning of the new year. I'll have to prep for that but it's away from the daily grind and pays more!

Drivin' up to Reno (no shooting men to watch them die comments, please) this week, stayin' for about a week, and drivin' down a different route to git home. Can someone say, "recalculating..."?

Take care, sir!

It would be totally awesome to have to go to exit 1B somewhere! I plan on stopping at the Bakersfield Best Buy to pick up some driving music (soundtrack to Super 8 comes out tomorrow) and probably ingest some food.

You couldn't have chosen a busier or uglier part of town BCJ......

I didn't see it as a negative part of town, TI; maybe that's because it wasn't at night. And the soundtrack's not out until next week... stupid confusing release dates online.

I enjoyed my drive up and down (except for US-395 south, below Bishop, where it was one lane each direction, often with no passing options) and took quite a few pictures out the windows (I even stopped at the Manzanar Nat'l Historical site), saw a couple AAA Reno Aces baseball games (and won free teeth whitening, even making it onto the big screen while holding a giant check... take that one off the bucket list! ), caught that Harry Potter independent flick, attended a combination birthday party (I supplied the Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, and tried to chop through it undefrosted), read a little in between activities, watched more daytime TV than I've seen in ages, ate very well. All in all, a nice time.

[edit] I checked my stats out... 1030 miles driven (almost all on two separate days), 30-some gallons of gas used, for a 34 MPG average.