Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Well, for the second year in a row our vacation plans have gone sideways. Our son just became gainfully employed as of yesterday, so our plans to go and check our the University of Oklahoma with him have been put on hold temporarily. We were going to head out in about three weeks from now but he won't be able to make the trip now. I had visions of taking a detour to Santa Fe, New Mexico along the way but.....

So, again, time to implement Plan B. Except I don't know what that is yet.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Mine goes off 3 weeks from today....I can't wait, my favorite time of the year.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I am currently on vacation, have been for the last 3 weeks. First week was spent in Colorado visiting my parents as well as other family and friends. These last 2 weeks, I have been in Ohio with my wife and daughter visiting her family.

My family and I fly back to TX on Monday for my last week of leave (vacation). However, that time is really going to be spent looking for somewhere to live, pulling our stuff out of storage and getting settled.

Anyway, it's good to be back home, there's just a lot of adjusting to do over the next few weeks.
    May the force be with you.

The northern CA wildfire smoke made its way to Reno/Tahoe, where I had spent the last fews days. Relaxation was fun, but very little outdoor stuff the last couple days.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Our original plans for vacation vaporized (a cross-country road trip), but all is not lost.

Our son has just begun a very cool job at a local TV station, so he will not be able to get away. So, it's turned into a "mom and dad only" vacation beginning tomorrow!

It's off to the cool, relaxing Central Coast for us! We get to leave behind the hot 90's and 100's temps in the interior and vegetate in the wonderful 60's and 70's!

Where abouts are you going?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Where abouts are you going?
    Pismo Beach will be base camp, but we'll strike out either north or south (or both) from there. Cambria, Morro Bay, San Simeon (Hearst's Castle), and San Luis Obispo have been discussed as day trips. We may have to go Tiger Rose Tattoo parlor in Pismo and light a candle at the shine established there since Deoxy got a tattoo there .

Sweet! Sounds like that will be a lot of fun.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Back home to the Land of 100+!

However.....the few days there was GREAT! Here's where we stayed. 1) the view from the balcony looking south, 2) west, and 3) north.

Surprisingly few people there during the week days we were there. Made things all that much better for Mrs. TI7 and me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	south (Medium).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	17791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west (Medium).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	17792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	north (Medium).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	17793  

Plus a couple of more shots:

1) looking north towards Shell Beach, and 2) a nice, bright full moon last night.

I miss it already!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset (Medium).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	17794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moonlight (Medium).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	17795