Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Vacation

Summer will be here before you know it.

Where's anyone going this year?

I'd like to head to Washington state and then on to British Columbia, but my crew has their collective eyes set on Santa Catalina island (again) .

Any suggestions from our SSGers to the North about where to go and what to see in BC would especially be appreciated!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm going where I always go, to The Outer Banks of North Carolina. It's a family tradition. This year we will be there during the 4th of July which should be pretty fun. Of course we always have a great time anyways.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I'm spending my vacation (starting today) moving into my new house.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I'm going where I always go, to The Outer Banks of North Carolina. It's a family tradition. This year we will be there during the 4th of July which should be pretty fun. Of course we always have a great time anyways.
    Be sure to eat at Pigman's for those of us on the other side of the country.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Be sure to eat at Pigman's for those of us on the other side of the country.
    You know, I have never been there. I love me some BBQ too. I take it, that it's good? Maybe I'll stop there on my way in.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

It is definitely good. Any BBQ in North Carolina is awesome, but this one's among the best.

They have some funny t-shirts, too, if they still sell them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A quiet little spot in the Adirondacks called Long Lake...been going there since I was born, such a great time.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I'm leaving the family behind to go work in Prague for almost three months. I'll have about two weeks of "vacation" with them in late July before going to Chicago to finish the film. Then I think school starts up again. No "summer" for me and the kids this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    You know, I have never been there. I love me some BBQ too. I take it, that it's good? Maybe I'll stop there on my way in.
    We go down to Duck, NC every year and always see it, but never eat there. I'll have to try it next time too.

If you're ever in the Bristol, VA area, there's a barbeque place called The Ridgewood that has the best barbeque I've ever eaten (it's not NC style though.) I think I gained a pound just thinking about it.

No vacations for me this year. My wife is in Key West with an old college roommate right now, but it's a girls only trip. I did get to go to the 24 hours of Daytona race earlier this year and I get to go to Monterey, CA for a week in september (unfortunately for work.)

Mrs. Solo and I are ditchin' the kids and going to Cedar Point the first week of June. Before we had the twins that was our annual vacation, but last year two little monkey wrenches came along and we opted not to go since neither of us wanted to be four hours from them. This year we can't get there soon enough.

Then we're going up to "the cabin" during the first week of August for three or four days, twins included.

And we're going to see Barenaked Ladies on June 15th.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.