Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Are you going to work on resculpting a new set of twins and putting them out on a new card while you are up at Cedar Point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Are you going to work on resculpting a new set of twins and putting them out on a new card while you are up at Cedar Point ?
    Absolutely not, because we know the next time we try to "sculpt" any kids we'll have four or five.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    It is definitely good. Any BBQ in North Carolina is awesome, but this one's among the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    If you're ever in the Bristol, VA area, there's a barbeque place called The Ridgewood that has the best barbeque I've ever eaten (it's not NC style though.)
    Some of the best BBQ can be had right here, in my hometown of Williamsburg, VA. Pierce's Pitt BBQ. It's some of the best you'll ever have. I know it has been featured nationwide on some of the cooking shows/specials and has made it on lists of some of the top BBQ places to visit. If you are ever in the area, it is the place to go.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

While we're on the subject:

Hursey's in the Triangle area.

Bridges in Shelby.

NC BBQ cannot be beat.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Any good BBQ'd caribou in British Columbia?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That sound you here is me scratching Catalina off the list

Well I lived in BC for 7 years, TEye, and I can highly recommend the following:go to Vancouver Island.

You'd take the ferry over from Washington's Olympic peninsula and start in Victoria (one of Canada's most beautiful cities - awesome social scene there as well), then make the drive up to Campbell River (or further if you have the time).

The Island is the absolute Jewel of Canada, if I can be so bold. The distance is only about 600km (400 miles or so), and there are tons of places to stop and stay, tons of beaches, some interesting shopping, and scenery that's second to none. Your temperature would fluctuate between 80-85 degrees, with NO uncomfortable humidity and very infrequent rain. Best summer weather I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy, and by a very wide margin.

Don't miss the murals in Chemainus and the beaches in Parksville (and for a truly Canadian moment, make a point of seeing the world's biggest hockey stick in Duncan - just don't let the hundreds of drunks staggering around spoil your fun. ).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Thanks, JJR!

Vancouver is definitely on my list to go to one day. My wife's already been and she tends to be ho-hum about going places she's already been. Maybe I can convince her otherwise (your shopping comment may just do the trick )

I've just located an old elementary school buddy who now lives in Omak, Washington. If we go there, it's just a "hop, skip, and a jump" to the border and into BC.

I've never made the trip north, and really want to. I have distant relatives in Toronto (no pun intended)....yep, ol' TI7 has some Canadian blood in his veins (on my mother's side). I've wanted to go there, too. But first, being a West Coaster, I'd like to see BC and environs. Banff is also on the list for things to see. Come to think of it, I've got quite an itenerary for Canadian travel! Just need time and $$$.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Sounds better than good!

It's a huge country with a billion things to see. Banff would be about 5-6hrs east from Vancouver (again in my estimation - I've never made that trip), and Vancouver is a 1.5 or 2 hour ferry ride from Vancouver Island, depending on which ferry route you're using.

Toronto, on the other hand, is 4hrs east of Detroit - it would likely have to be a 2nd trip.

(Sorry, I'm sure you're not ignorant about it - but I've got some good Yankee stories of people wanting to go to Montreal "for the day" from Michigan, or asking where to find the polar bears after driving south for 10hrs to cross the border, etc.)
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

You'd have to drive pretty damn quick to make Banff in 5 hours from Vancouver I think JJ- seemed closer to 10-12 hours (by bus with a couple stops it took around 15-16, and that was coming down the mountains into BC, I don't recall the way back as well)
    Iso & Baws
    Tee-eye 7 posted one of the funniest Lanny stories of all time a few years back
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.