Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Vacation is still a few months off for me, but hopefully going up to my fraternity at my alumni in the next month.....really looking forward to blending in with people 8-10 years younger than me :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The plan is to head east this summer.

Actually, it's a vacation with a mission this time. We're heading to Norman, Oklahoma (just south of Oklahoma City) to check out the University of Oklahoma for our son. We are hopeful he will be attending there in the fall of 2009 after he finishes community college here locally.

We'll be sure to give Blue2th a big wave as we pass through Albuquerque . (I've always loved that city's location! I considered going to school there, but the out of state tuition was too prohibitive).

We'll be heading out in July, the same time MabuCon 2008 is being held. Who knows? Maybe I'll take a left turn at Albuquerque and head up to St. Catharines, instead!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I'm going to take a vacation from work. Wednesday I start about a week off. My brother and his family come to town on Thursday for my wedding, and I will be spending much of the time with him, and his wife and kids. The first half of my vacation will be spent with my fiance, the second half with my wife.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    The first half of my vacation will be spent with my fiance, the second half with my wife.
    Well said, Frett!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

My wife and I got back from Cedar Point today. I don't think I could ever get tired of that place. It was kind of a bittersweet affair this time, as we know we'll more than likely be more than a relatively short (~5 hours) car ride away by this time next year and won't necessarily be able to make the trip. In the eight years I've known my wife, the only year we haven't gone was the year the kids were born. We got engaged there (on the platform for Millenium Force) and took our honeymoon there, so its kind of "our" place.

This was the first time we've ever gone Saturday/Sunday and we totally expected all the "good" rides to have 2 hour+ waits, but our longest wait by far was just barely an hour. I'm not sure if its the economy or that schools aren't out in the area yet or what, but it was a pleasant surprise to be able to all but walk onto all the rides.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'm staying locally for the most part this summer. Aside from a week in Reno to see the family, I plan on driving no farther than maybe the LA/beach area or maybe San Diego. Got some indoor stuff to do, if I get my mind to it.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Sadly, we won't be doing our annual family vacation to the beach this year.

I will be going for a few days in August with some friends though, for our fantasy football draft.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

You can visit here, Uke.

Still to come this summer:
    the family cabin for a few days
    mabucon '08
    A Tigers game in early August

We had an emergency wedding thrown at us so we're off to Boston this weekend for a few days. When we first found out about it 2 months ago it seemed to make sense to drive the 10 hours rather than fly and rent a car for the 3-4 days. Now with gas prices over $4 I don't know if we'll end up saving any money. Later this month we're going on our official vacation which will be spending a week with the wife's family in the Traverse City area of Michigan. I've never been so I'm really looking forward to it. Again, the drive cost will hit us pretty good in the pocket book. Darn.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    Later this month we're going on our official vacation which will be spending a week with the wife's family in the Traverse City area of Michigan. I've never been so I'm really looking forward to it. Again, the drive cost will hit us pretty good in the pocket book. Darn.
    Plan on making a stop in Mt. Pleasant?

Seriously, EP, if you need any info or anything I'd be glad to help.