Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We get to leave behind the hot 90's and 100's temps in the interior and vegetate in the wonderful 60's and 70's!
    Where'd you find the time machine to get back to the '60s and '70s? Obviously, those couldn't be Fahrenheit temps, as they no longer exist anymore.

BTW, I loved San Simeon and the castle. The drive itself around the coast is great, too.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Where'd you find the time machine to get back to the '60s and '70s?
    Time machine? I never left those groovy times, baby!

Don't step on by bell bottoms, man!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    We'll be sure to give Blue2th a big wave as we pass through Albuquerque . (I've always loved that city's location! I considered going to school there, but the out of state tuition was too prohibitive).
    Hey, I was going to wave back! Well I'll wave at ya anyways (where's the waving smilie?)

I like your plan-b vacation spot though
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Well I'll wave at ya anyways (where's the waving smilie?)
    Whenever you can't find one, just make up your own similie... :504filenotfound:
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I like your plan-b vacation spot though
    We are never disappointed no matter what time of year we go there.

The place is so laid-back that even the hose-draggers* always keep their surfboards at the ready!

*Hose-dragger: a term of endearment used by law enforcement for firemen!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire_surfers.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	17798  

That's funny!

I worked at a paint and body shop in Carlsbad California briefly near the beach, A couple of the bodymen there worked in their shorts and would go surfing on lunch hour.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

We went to Quebec and stayed on a private lake over the last weekend, I just dumped a bunch of pics up and figured since we haven't been on an actual vacation of any kind in years I'd share them. I know they're not earthshattering but they're nice for the most part
    North of the cabin is hundreds of miles of pretty much nothing, it was quiet, clean and all-round fun. Our party of 4 were the only people who spoke english for a LOONG ways (except for our buddies who live in the place, but even their kids spoke NO english at 11 years old)

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r1/mabudon/Alexis/

Hope you like them
    Iso&Baws

And please don't look if you don't want- people complaied about me wasting their time last I posted something featuring my family
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Beautiful country! What was the fish score?

For those who complained: [Those] little ones aren't worth the trouble. Come, let me get you something.........

haha yeah it's heartachingly beautiful up there to be sure

The fish whipped our butts- the first day we had major gear problems PLUS it was windy as all getout making the canoe go all over the friggin place, you'd paddle to one end of the lake and in 10 minutes be almost back where you started.. the second day was hampered by a lack of enthusiasm and a really full slate of stuff we HAD to check out locally. A very few nibbles were observed but nothing close to being able to say anyone actually hooked one, much less observed or landed one

They're DOOMED when we go back tho, as it was everyone thought everyone else was bringing gear so it turned out no-one did and we had to salvage some rods and stuff.
    Iso&Baws

As for gettin me something- what they got on tap here ??
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    As for gettin me something- what they got on tap here ??
    I'm told the blue milk is especially popular in these here parts.