Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

I'm doing the "Relay for Life" cancer walk in June, also going to a Presbyterian camp in August, otherwise I am working, building bikes, now is the season here in the midwest.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I have summer vacation slated in July with the family. As of yet, no plans. As usual, no one can agree on where yet.

In September, I have a solo vacation planned to go and meet with the author of my uncle's book at a reunion of the remaining WWII veterans of the 416th Bomb Group of the Ninth Air Force with whom my uncle served. I'm really looking forward to that because two vets knew my uncle well (one was a West Point cadet with my uncle). Actually, today is my uncle's birthday! Happy Birthday, Uncle Bill!

Many here already know what I'm talking about. For those who don't here's a little info:

http://cramsie.blogspot.com/2008/12/...d-cramsie.html
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Taking my mom and meeting up with my uncle (and possibly other cousins) at the Grand Canyon in July. I've been there before (in February '94, camped down in the canyon for two nights), but mom hasn't yet. Taking the train from Williams, AZ which I've wanted to try for some time.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I requested three days off work after graduation but dont know if I will actually have the money to go somewhere. I'd like to go back down to Florida and see my Great Aunt and Uncle(like grandparents to me) but not sure if gas prices will agree with me.

I have to go somewhere though, even if its just a day hop to some God forsaken southern backwater event
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I'm heading to Orlando for a conference in 3 weeks then off to Michigan and Indiana with the wife and kids to see family....maybe a 6 Flags trip to Dallas in August....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

This Monday I've got plans to go with my sister-in-law, niece, and nephew to Sequoia for the day. I'm hoping the kids will be impressed. I haven't been there in years and I'm really looking forward to going!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    This Monday I've got plans to go with my sister-in-law, niece, and nephew to Sequoia for the day. I'm hoping the kids will be impressed. I haven't been there in years and I'm really looking forward to going!
    That's on my list (LISTS... ) of places to get to before, well, you know.

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN U.S. NATIONAL PARKS/MONUMENTS YET TO SEE
    10. Everglades
    9. Mammoth Cave
    8. Meteor Crater
    7. Yellowstone
    6. Crater Lake
    5. Mt. Rushmore
    4. Gettysburgh
    3. Sequoia
    2. Bryce or Arches or Zion
    1. Yosemite
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

3 weeks til my vacation to Long Lake in the Adirondacks....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    That's on my list (LISTS... ) of places to get to before, well, you know.

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN U.S. NATIONAL PARKS/MONUMENTS YET TO SEE

3. Sequoia
    Returned just a little while ago from our day trip. Wonderful day! Not crowded at all, cool (49º at the 7,000 ft level) where the famous sequoias grow, and the kids were well-behaved and had a good time.

Here's some photos to whet BCJ's appetite for travel:

1. Mama Bear (with two cubs, although not seen well in the picture).
    2. The Deer Family
    3. Moments before driving through a tree!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	20606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	20607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	20608  

....and continuing, here's the the General Sherman Sequoia (two shots needed since it's so massive!). Also the Kaweah River in the foothills prior to making the climb into the park.

Next time we plan a tour of Crystal Cave in the park!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	20609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	20610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1206.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	20611