Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here are some shots from my recent Arizona trip. While I did not stay in the famous SW number room, I noticed it down the hall from me. :1138: The rest are various shots of the Canyon (at sunset, around 5:30 am for sunrise , and while it was raining off in the distance).
    Beautiful photos there BCJ, they remind me of some Byrd Baylor books I have in my classroom.

I will be approaching the Canyon this coming Tuesday on my trip to Denver to see my brother.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Those are some nice pics BCJ! I'd like to get out and see that in person, hopefully one day, I will.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I live close to the Grand Canyon, but have never been there. One of these days.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Who here has used any of the following on-line services of:

Hotels.com
    Travelocity
    Expedia
    ...or any other similar-type service

I'm interested in opinions, comments, suggestions about any and all experiences with the above. I'll be heading cross-country shortly and need to book rooms along the way.

Thank you for your support.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Who here has used any of the following on-line services of:

Hotels.com
    Travelocity
    Expedia
    ...or any other similar-type service

I'm interested in opinions, comments, suggestions about any and all experiences with the above. I'll be heading cross-country shortly and need to book rooms along the way.

Thank you for your support.
    I've used hotels.com for my overseas hotel bookings and, in my opinion, they are quite good. I've used them at least a half dozen times in as many countries and I've only had one problem and that was on the hotel itself and not the site.

As for Travelocity and Expeidia I've only used them as a guage for buying airplane tickets to get an average of what I should be paying.

My summer vacation was quite good. I went to 3 places that I haven't been yet. I went to Perth, Singapore, and the Philippines. I knew Perth would be amazing but I was pleasantly surprised by the last two in that they were both rather fun. We're supposed to be hitting Hong Kong for the fall cruise but I've been there once already...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I guess this is a site of homebodies.

Thank you, Slick. I've taken your advice and so far, so good. I also price checked with the competitors. Everyone has the same fare (for the most part). A week from today I'll be "standin' on a corner...." at the end of the first leg of my trip.

I guess this is a site of homebodies.

A week from today I'll be "standin' on a corner...." at the end of the first leg of my trip.
    Is that along the Sunset strip in Hollywood? You're better than that, TI!
    "That's what Sheev said."

From August 16-22 I had my first real vacation (not just 3-4 days off) since November. I traveled, but it wasn't all rest and relaxation. I was helping some jerk (Cappy) move from Michigan to Colorado. Sunday consisted of help him pack up the van in 95 degree weather. Next was two days (Mon & Tues) in an uncomfortable moving van through 800+ miles in two of the most boring states I've ever seen (Iowa and Nebraska). Then, a grueling day (Wed) lugging stuff up to a third floor, nearly killing myself in the process due to a lack of oxygen. Finally, a day (Thurs) of getting up at 4 am to begin the approximately 12 hour journey home, via 2 planes and a car ride. So I got to relax on Friday and Saturday.
    Looking back, as horrible as it seemed at times, it was actually pretty fun
    Also, we got take a little break and to meet another SSGer on Monday evening, pbarnard, which was very cool.

And I'm really looking forward to the last two weeks in October when I'll take another two weeks, even though I'm not planning any trips.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Is that along the Sunset strip in Hollywood? You're better than that, TI!
    I'll be in the actual city where the girl in the flatbed Ford lives. Only, thirty-five years later, she might be driving a Rascal!

And, wow, RB! Cappy's going to have a long commute to go see Wings games with you on the weekends! I had no idea he was becoming JJL's neighbor!
    Any chance he'll become and Avalanche fan?

Any chance he'll become and Avalanche fan?
    Yesterday's text from him speaks for itself: "Rockin the wings shirt today. If looks could kill..."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!