Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Vacation

Yay! On vacation for the next week! The last three weeks have been horrific at work. Glad to step away for a while.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Yay! On vacation for the next week! The last three weeks have been horrific at work. Glad to step away for a while.
    Hear hear!

Same here my friend. Another family vacation in the Adirondacks....my 31st straight year I believe. :P Of course I don't remember the first couple since I was a wee lad.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Another family vacation in the Adirondacks....my 31st straight year I believe. :P Of course I don't remember the first couple since I was a wee lad.
    Interesting; this will (likely) be my 31st consecutive year without attending the LA County Fair.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Oh, it WAS my 31st-straight year, BTW.

Last weekend was a quick trip to Glendale, AZ to see the Pittsburgh Steelers play a home-away-from-home game vs. the Arizona Cardinals. Aside from seeing the Steelers win, here are some other highlights:
    - best street name seen? Sore Finger Road
    - saw a sign for services that had the 'Diesel' phrase on top of the man/woman symbols for restrooms; is there gender-based fuel now?
    - saw a pickup truck pulled over to the side of the road... with three or four close-to-lifesize bronze dinosaur statues in the bed
    - cheapest gas was $3.24/gal.
    - while in Goodyear, AZ I saw a blimp overhead... the MetLife blimp
    - still went to work on Monday morning after arriving from the 5-6 hour drive Sunday night

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    - best street name seen? Sore Finger Road
    I once lived on Finger Road.

First day of vacation, although is didn't officially start until 10:30 this morning because of having to testify in court (that little piece of paper that compels you to show up has a judge with considerable resources attached to it y'know!).

This week will be preparing for the onslaught of family for the holidays in between getting my son ready to move to Oklahoma. Next week Mrs. TI7 and I will caravan with him and his worldly goods to get settled in his new home of Norman, OK and the University of Oklahoma. The plan is to finish his bachelor's degree and hop right into his master's after that. We'll be returning to an empty next, so we'll see how that works out....

...here's hoping the weather will cooperate!

About eight hours to go before we start heading east to Oklahoma....trying gracefully to get my son's friends (and well-wishers) outta here so we can go to sleep!

I'll be sure to wave to Blue2th when passing through Albuquerque and to Jedi Nav when passing through Moore, OK, which is just up the road from Norman, our final destination!

There and back again.....2,822.9 miles later.

One new Sooner ready to start the spring semester.

I plan to drive up to Salinas next week, then to San Jose (yes, I know the way) for some Steinbeck O-rama. I wonder if I can get some seasonal work pickin' fruit along the way... hope gas is still $.15 a gallon.