Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions for Hasbro at Toy Fair?

If you have any questions for Hasbro, please post 'em here. Let's try to keep them civil though. I'll need all questions by Thursday afternoon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know you probably only want Micro Machine, etc questions. But I figured I would post my figure questions in your thread, just in case you get a couple extra minutes to ask a couple non-MM questions.

Any chance with the figure pack-in ideas, that we might get some new E1 figures of the Jedi council with cloth robes, and bending knees so they can sit in the included Council Chairs?

Will we ever get the often cancelled E1 figures of Holographic Nute Gunray and Lott Dod? I would also love a Daultry Dofine.

When will the figure focus get back to ROTJ figures? We seem to be getting alot of A New Hope figures, and Empire Strikes Back figures, but Return of the Jedi seems to be getting less attention.

When will the next Fan Choice Figure Poll take place? And is there a chance we could get a Fan Choice Vehicle Poll?

Any of the following figures in planning stages at the moment? Yarna D'yl Gargan, General Madine, General Reikeen, Imperial Dignitary, and Hermi Odle?

Thats all I can think of at the moment, hope you can get a chance to ask those. Or atleast a couple of them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hi JT

I don'y think that it's quantum physics to guess what the most obvious question is going to be:

ARE WE GETTING ANY EP2 MM'S/AF'S AND IF SO, WHAT VEHICLES?

Cheers

BC3

1) How many OFFICIAL coffeebreaks are the employees supposed to really take from thinking? (Sorry, couldn't help myself. )

Seriously:

1) Will you be resurrecting any of the unproduced items of Galoob's line after the Episode 2 hype goes down?
    2) Are the prices going to go higher again?
    3) To keep away from the chance of possibly low-sales at several stores, are you planning on making most of the stuff exclusive to the Star Wars Insider?
    4) Any chance of other lines being brought back? Maybe, Star Trek micro-machines for the new series and movie?

Ok I'm done.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Post A question for Hasbro.

Hi JT,
    I hope this will not sound rude, but I would like to ask Hasbro if they agree they flooded the market with the first wave of Episode 1 items.
    In my experience the only MM and AF items which warmed the shelves were wave 1 items. I never saw big quantities of wave 2 items and they always disappeared very quickly. I can't say about the other waves because they never made their way to Italy, as far as I know.
    I do not want to be polemical, just to know their opinion.

Another question is about the unproduced items, since we saw recently some of them were actually produced. Will we ever have the chance to buy them?

Finally, but this is just my opinion and not a real question, I will not like if they plan to make stuff exclusive (to store chains, Star Wars Fan Club, or other), because in that way people outside USA will have no chances to have them. They could sell directly instead (like Lego), allowing international buyers (maybe setting a minimum order). That would be great! :happy:

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

Exclamation okey dokey

as research and development dollars have already been spent, and molds have been cast on a number of previously announced, yet unreleased action fleet and micro machines line product, can we expect to see these particular toys ever released in some kind of form in the foreseeable future.

for example:

action fleet - death star
    action fleet - star destroyer
    action fleet - neimoidian shuttle

micro machines - trade federation lander (shown as to be included with the also non-released but shown qui-gon transforming head)
    micro machines - mawhonics podracer (as shown to be included in the produced but not released micro machines pack XIV)
    micro machines - trade federation battle ship (as shown to be included in the produced but not released micro machines pack XV)
    micro machines - watto's shop platform action set
    micro machines - swamp invasion platform action set
    micro machines - anakin skywalker podrace test flight transforming action set
    micro machines - above mentioned qui-gon transforming head
    micro machines - obi-wan tansforming head

pod racer pack - #V
    pod racer pack - #VI

die-cast - anakin's podracer

gear mates - what ever happened to these announced to be released but never materialized toys?

sheeesh the list keeps getting longer and longer

and of course i would be very interested in any thing having to do with attack of the clones micro machines toys.

np over in rhode island (i'm sure): lynyrd skynyrd - "don't ask me no questions" (and i won't tell you no lies........... )

Last edited by good shot jansen; 02-06-2002 at 10:51 AM.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Ok gang, thanks for the questions, keep 'em coming, we have more than 12 hours to think up more stuff.

Goofy, I'll try to get that first question asked, but I'll probably have to retool it to sound less confrontational. As for selling directly, they're not allowed to, but perhaps we could get them to consider the US Fan Club as an alternate source for unproduced, "unmarketable" MM items. I'll try to bring up the overseas market issue about exclusives in that.

Everybody else, I'm fairly sure Hasbro won't answer specific questions, so I may not be able to rattle off lists of stuff they worked on but never marketed, but I'll try to pick items that best show examples of the dilemma and hope Hasbro doesn't send another actor in place of real PR help like last year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Smile Thank you JT

You are right JT, I do not want to sound rude in any way!

But remember to tell them WE LOVE MM AND AF!
    And DIE-CAST TOO!!
    These are the best toy lines ever!
    We are big fans of those wehicles and ships!

Do not give them the impression we are only complaining.

You are our voice. May The Force Be With You!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

AF/MM

I have a couple of Questions.

1) Will we see the Action Fleet return for the release of AOTC?
    2) Will you be making larger Action Fleet ship? Like a Star Destroyer, Dreadnaught, or the like?
    3) Any chance we'll see any more ships that did not apear in the movies? Like a Yuuzhon Vong Worldship, Yuuzhon Vong Coralskipper.
    4) Will there be mini playsets, like for EP1? Or will we see the Battlepacks make a return? Personally I would like to see both. I know I'm not the only one.

Thank you.

I had a question but it is Friday!!! I guess I got on a little late. Anyway JT, please tell us what they say. THANKS!!!
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.