Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions for Lego at Toy Fair?

If you have any questions for Lego, please post 'em here. I'll need all questions by Thursday afternoon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wink Re: Questions for LEGO at Toy Fair?

Here are my questions JediTricks:

1) What is the future of the “Ultimate Collector Series?” What are the chances that we’ll see model kits of the A-Wing Fighter, B-Wing Fighter, Y-Wing Fighter, Snowspeeder, Escape Pod, Landspeeder, Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Naboo Fighter, Flash Speeder, Darth Vader’s T.I.E. Fighter, T.I.E. (standard) Fighter, T.I.E. Bomber, Speeder Bike, AT-ST, Trade Federation AAT and Droid Fighter etc?

2) What is the future of the “Sculptures Series?” What are the chances that we’ll see model kits of the larger and huge spaceships and vehicles like the Jawa Sandcrawler, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Jabba’s Sail Barge, Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT, Slave 1, Trade Federation MTT, Trade Federation Landing Ship etc?

3) What is the future of the “prototype models” you’ve made and shown off in the “LEGO Adventures!” magazine? Will you ever release the “Ultimate Collector Series” Darth Vader’s T.I.E. Fighter, Speeder Bike, Aldar Beedo’s Podracer and that totally awesome “System” set Jawa Sandcrawler?

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Great questions Sweden! I'll try to get 'em all answered, though I have a feeling I won't have all those ship names rattled off (one or two as examples will have to do since the Lego official answers will almost certainly have to be non-specific).

Keep those questions coming folks!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Army Builders

More army builders like the ones they've done to the other lines. A five-pack stormtrooper for example would be great. It would make it a lot easier for me to build my armies for the dioramas I'm planning to do.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Here is my question for Lego JediTricks

)Are you planning to release a Genosis Arena into the line?If so,when could we see it in the stores?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

- Are any more story teller sets planned and do they include Hoth and/or the first Death Star?

- What do you think of the E2 models?

- Any chance we'll see other Jedi Council members go LEGO?

- Are Jawas possibly planned for any future sets that you could tell us about, like for 2003?

- How much do sets with specialty pieces like Jango's slave 1 usually cost to make?

- Are prices on future UCS sets just going to go up or will they stay within the 100-200 price range?

- What is your take on the prices of the UCS sets? Obviously pricing them so high is gonna lower the amount of kid buyers.

- Any chance we'll see a UCS Star Destroyer or maybe even Super Star Destroyer set to display next to the Tantive IV?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

JediTricks please ask if there's,

Any plans for a minifig scale AT-AT?

Thanks.

Talking Ultimate Collector Series

Unfortunately I am too late (sorry jt), but I am very curious to know why the Rebel Blockade Runner belongs to the Sculptures Series (together with Darth Maul Bust), while the Yoda statue belongs to the Ultimate Collector Series (together with X-wing and TIE Interceptor).

It looks funny!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

Talking Re: Questions for LEGO at Toy Fair?

Thanks JediTricks! I know you’ll try and get them all answered but it’s not a big deal if you don't remember all the ships name but a few will do as you say and yes we “ALL” know that the answers LEGO will give us are non-specific!

Keep up the good work!

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Re: Ultimate Collector Series

Originally posted by JediGoofy
    Unfortunately I am too late (sorry jt), but I am very curious to know why the Rebel Blockade Runner belongs to the Sculptures Series (together with Darth Maul Bust), while the Yoda statue belongs to the Ultimate Collector Series (together with X-wing and TIE Interceptor).

It looks funny!

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    Bring this up after Toy Fair and I'll ask them myself, 'cause I wanna know too.

Thanks again for the questions everybody. Sweden, it's not that I won't remember them, it's that they won't listen after a certain point (like 2000's toy fair's Q&A), but I'm sure we'll get good info.