Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does no-one speak anymore?

170 people online right now, 18 of those are members. leaving 152 lurkers. No wonder this site feels like a graveyard sometimes. there's a sort of grinding slowing of cogs across the net where star wars is concerned. like filthy rats leaving a ship that's not even sunk or sinking. a little low in the water maybe but still afloat. seems like the only people left posting here are the ones with balls.

Ad IJG.

I hear where you are coing from MDP. These lurkers need to start signing up and joing the fray.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Shhhhhhh!

__________________________________________________ _________

Pipe up all you lurkers !

Actually, I thought this was going to be a thread about people using text messaging in public.

Could this be a reason why there have been less and less new threads in the General Discussion area?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Jargo, I think your appraisal of the situation is a little optomistic - the boat is running aground as I type. EU figures everywhere, repacks, rehashes and repaints clogging the shelves, no promise of any TV shows as soon as was once thought..... it's an uglier time for Star Wars than you're letting on.

At least most of the basic figures from the movies look good for the rest of this year.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Lets try a different approach:

If you are a lurker YOU'VE WON!!!! Click here to claim your prize!!!

"That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Jargo, I think your appraisal of the situation is a little optomistic - the boat is running aground as I type. EU figures everywhere, repacks, rehashes and repaints clogging the shelves, no promise of any TV shows as soon as was once thought..... it's an uglier time for Star Wars than you're letting on.

At least most of the basic figures from the movies look good for the rest of this year.
    Actually I think the EU figures could well bring some folk back in. those who got sick of the same characters time and time again in the same costumes with very little difference between sculpts. that does get a bit wearing.

i feel energy around the EU figures even though i don't buy into the EU arena itself. the figures are good looking figures. something new and fresh. which is eactly where the live action tv show will be going in some respects. it's an expanded universe they'll be exploring without the core characters from the movies. so i see the comic packs as a sort of scene setter. uncharted territory. new horizons.

of course the battlepacks and legends crud still stink but there's a few figures in there I'm set for. it's the vehicles they need to get going. new stuff. fresh sculpts not the same vintage molds re-used endlessly.

I think LFL need to get the movies out in theatres again. marathon viewings. one half of the saga a night. stop with the self aggrandising and arrogance and stupid in-jokes. when the creators seem to be making light of the product and not taking it seriously how do they expect anyone else to?

I think they need to reign in the amount of cruddy products with he brand name slapped on them flooding the marketplace. reclaim some credibility. And realise that the twelve year olds Lucas aimed TPM at are now adults. there are fewer kids involved in collecting and the young dults are clever enough to see through the cynicism that pervades this beast called star wars now.

All isn't lost, it's just taken a bad footing. And maybe after the TV show it'll die a death but it might not. it might rejuvinate star wars in the way the prequels failed to. After all Lucas finally gets to make his serialised sci-fi show. His Flash Gordon homage. and with any luck and 18 years of timeframe to play with shorter episodes and tighter scripts it'll suck fresh blood into this community.

so yes, I'm cautiously optimistic. but right now that feels a whole lot better than pessimisticaly jaded.

It's kind of hard to join the conversation when everyone has over a thousand posts here hehe. I feel like an outsider!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric78 View Post
    It's kind of hard to join the conversation when everyone has over a thousand posts here hehe. I feel like an outsider!
    I actually feel bad for you. I hate registering and posting on new boards because I always feel intimidated. It always seemed to me that we were on of the nicest and easiest communities to join on these here internetz. The fact that someone has kinda sorta called "us" out means that "we" perhaps aren't as nice as I percieved.

To be honest, Tenric, all it takes is a good ""Slicker's mom" joke and you're in around these parts.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.