Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That really rather sucks about your store only allowing three total to non-members.
    It's a fairly small shop, so I think he does that to make sure there's enough to go around. Plus he donates a sh*tload of 'em to hand out at libraries instead of just the store.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Both of my local shops limit you to only 4-5 books.

Kevin Eastman and William Shatner will be signing at one of those stores.

Turnout this year seemed less than last year (could be due to colder, rain-possible weather forecast, or fears of flu from being in public), but still nice. I did get the SW:Clone Wars and TMNT 25th Anniv. books I wanted, plus Bongo Comics, Transformers, and GIJoe/TF flipbook. They let you get up to 10 books.

Here are some pics: the guy dressed as Wolverine apparently is a Hero for Hire (i.e. parties/events), and you could pose sitting on a model of a Sentinel, and there were various 501st costumers around (plus the nicest Joker ever, who was courteous and asked politely to get through, instead of just blasting us in the face with a gun ). There was a Batman bouncy, tables of comic people I did not know at all, experts at CCG and fantasy games. Not bad for our small town.

[okay, for some reason, it won't allow me to post the Wolverine pic... will try later]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBD1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	20208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBD2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	20209  
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 05-02-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Now it's got both pictures... Hooray!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Turnout was less than last year's at 2 stores that I went to. It also seemed less organized than last year.

I got Blackest Night #0, Cars, Clone Wars and GI Joe/Transformers Animated plus I scored some free X-Men Origins swag - a Wolverine dogtag and foam Wolverine claws (kind of like the foam fingers you see at sporting events).

The turnout for the SAT seemed higher. Maybe that's why.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

We held our 2nd Comic Book Expo here in Lubbock during the city's Art Festival (which brings in 20,000 people over three days)....we had a good showing and hope to build from it. Here's a photo of me and the kids with Batman! Of course my son was freaked to stand near him, but kept following him all morning!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	20404  
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

2010 offerings.

Scroll down to the IDW book, and you'll see why I just wet my pants.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Reminder post

May Day! May Day! Every first weekend in May means Free Comic Book Day. Check out your local shop for give-aways and events this Saturday.

I drove past the local comic shop on Saturday, and they seemed to have a good turnout (pretty decent line to get in for the freebies), but I passed on stopping.

Anybody else stop and have a post-able experience at theirs?

didn't want to leave the house so i skipped it. since i read joe, punisher and SW they'll typically snag a copy for me if one of those titles is a free book and give it to me the next time i stop in.