Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I hate the local comic shop, but I went there to get GIJoe #155.5. I also got the Superman, Tiny Titans, Archie, Shrek, Toy Story, Mouse Guard, and what seems like a billion different Iron Man comics. I really wanted the Dr Solar/Magnus and Atomic Robo, but no luck on them; they didn't order them.

Also took advantage of a 10% sale they were running to get Batman: The Brave and the Bold Volume 1. With all the kiddie stuff I got, Chux Jr should enjoy some of it.

GIJoe #155.5, by the way, was well worth a fourteen year wait.

The local shop limited each person to three comics each, so I picked up Del Ray Showcase, Artifacts, and War of the Supermen. Since I'm not a fan of the SW Legacy series, I just picked up Batman Streets of Gotham #11 and Batman #698. I normally don't read the Batman series, my brothers do, but it wasn't bad, something to read.

For a free book, Artifacts is pretty decent, don't know if I would want to spend money to continue reading it though...
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Now, every time and place I checked, I saw no FCBD'10 for Star Wars. Was there one this year?
    "That's what Sheev said."

not that i know of for this year.

Dark Horse did a Solar/Magnus flip book to promote their upcoming re-launch of the old Gold Key heroes.

That's all I saw from DH. Just wanted to make sure, since there's nothing worse than paying later for something that could've been free earlier.

Forgot to bump this thread before the day, but there's still time with the sun out for Free Comic Book Day 2011! I got there too late for the SW/Avatar:Airbender flipbook, which was apparently one of the few "out of stock" comics once I arrived.

Check out the FCBD website www.freecomicbookday.com for a list of comics and participating shops. There will be a SW comic again this year, with Han & Chewie.

I did get the SW/Serenity flipbook (since I decided to wait in the line earlier, in my superhero guise as Mr. Teacher, complete with speed grading super powers in line ), and there was a hardback "comic" one about a mouse. Here are a few pics. Recall that this nearby store goes all-out for its FCBD event.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	26117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	26118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	26119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD7.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	26123  

Here's a few more. I loved how the on-site blood drive through Lifestream was "sponsored" by COBRA (the fliers posted said "Bleed for COBRA" on them); in fact, the GIJoe/COBRA costumes were among the best quality there. There was a wrestling ring (I was impressed at how quickly and safely it was built there), where an anime turtle was pinned (too fast, I thought; turtles need slower 3-counts IMHO ). I loved the "little short for a" stormtrooper guarding the giant jawa. Didn't wait for any artist signings, and their food wasn't quite set up yet (guess that's why I usually get there later, but then some books run out : pickyourpoison: ). Still, it was fun.

My "costume" was to wear all four colors (i.e. four color printing for comics). Subtle? Silly? Guilty on both.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD4.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	26120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD5.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	26121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD6.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	26122