Threaded View

Well, I got there before 8:00am, for their 11:00 opening, figuring I'd be one of the first 100 people to get the special "May the Fourth" FCBD patch. Somebody counted up to where we were in line: in the 70-80th people range. Sweet! Get up to the entrance once they opened; look down at my ticket: #320?!? So, no patch.

A friend of mine was in the credits for the Sesame Street/Strawberry Shortcake flipbook, and he was one of the talent there to sign at the tables, so I thought I'd get one of them and have him sign it as I talked with him. One, he wasn't there yet (I did see him when I went back later in the day). Two, they said either "we're out of them" or "We're holding them for a kids' reading event later" or "we didn't get any." I did get the SW/Airbender book and a couple others.

It was sunny and getting hot (I drank two water bottles full and NO out-line-to-go, either ), hard to find where lines (which were exceptionally long) ended or began, but it was still a fun time. Great to talk to people in line, saw some former/current students there and other friends, great costumes (in the pics, the Boo costume was the cutest, and the AT-ST walker/Twi'Lek girl & family was the awesomest SW costume I've seen [even had scout walker sound effect], lots of COBRA/G.I. Joe ones). Many, many more people than I've ever seen at this one, in my several years of going here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD 5-4-13e.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	27398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD 5-4-13a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	27397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCBD 5-4-13f.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	27399  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(