Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hasbro you have alienated collectors for the last time!

I have NEVER found any of the TAC McQuarrie figures and that's a first for me. I have always found, even rare waves, with a little bit of patience and persistence but in all of my years of collecting I have reached my frustration breaking point with the McQuarrie figures being packed 1 per case. This is worse than last summer's UGH promotion which I only found 1 or 2 of those and passed because of bent cards. I went to Walmart and there was an end-cap full with about a hundred of Wave 1 and 2 TAC figures and all of the McQuarrie's had been cherry picked. The department manager saw me going through them and she said she just put those out the day before. I asked about the McQuarrie's, showed her the back of the package but she had no idea who they were nor remembered seeing them and offered me the Vader with coin book instead which I told her I already had. With gas prices over $3/gallon now, my days of persistence of making the daily rounds around town have been severely minimized as has my collecting budget. I have passed on so many re-issues and repaints which are becoming tiresome and the release of the Sith Infiltrator was not only a disappointment but an insult. The V-Wing was only a consolation in a year that has been underwhelming and frustrating for me as a collector and I have finally reached the point where I am considering abandoning 3 3/4" collecting altogether and with the C4 droids exclusives not being generally available I am giving up on these. I only collect 1:6 now from Sideshow and Hot Toys and seeing as how those pricey figures take up most of my money and space, cutting my ties with Hasbro will be more financially rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    I have NEVER I went to Walmart and there was an end-cap full with about a hundred of Wave 1 and 2 TAC figures and all of the McQuarrie's had been cherry picked.
    Not to trivialize the main point of your thread, but... A HUNDRED??? Jeez Louise! Would that I could find AN ENTIRE END-CAP full of TAC figures!!! Is this a sign of things to come, I wonder? I hope so! (Providing, of course, the McQuarrie figs are present as well.)

And to think I bought the lone AT-AT Driver at my WM today out of sheer boredom...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    Not to trivialize the main point of your thread, but... A HUNDRED??? Jeez Louise! Would that I could find AN ENTIRE END-CAP full of TAC figures!!! Is this a sign of things to come, I wonder? I hope so! (Providing, of course, the McQuarrie figs are present as well.)
    What's the use when all it takes is one jackass to cherry pick all of the McQuarries and leave the rest behind? That Walmart will not be re-ordering cases until all of those TAC figures sell and I already know which ones will be warming the pegs: Obi-Wan, Artoo, Mace, Han Solo, and Ceremonial Luke. Hasbro needs to pack these evenly or ship entire cases of McQuarries to meet demand but that's not gonna happen because they want to control the market.

I havent seen more than 50 TAC figures in 2 months and you see 100 in one store? Damn!!!

I found the McStormie only because I had two cases brought to me at Target. I took both, one for UK and one for EC. I have one from the prior release, so I dont care. I havent even seen wave 2 sans 1 time and it was 1 Luke, 1 Han, and one DST, I bought the DST, left the rest
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

So it's Hasbro's fault, Wal-mart won't reorder more cases? And while the old but valid point that Hasbro established the cases again, it's still their fault that others got there first and unable to know if it was legitimate collectors or scalpers? What about Hasbro DTC or TRU or some other shop online go get just the single figure or a trading partner? After so much spent in gas, the shipping cost would've saved you the gas, arrived sooner, and not given you so much aggravation.

I saw 3 the other day and passed on all of them, no interest in any concept figure. Being an opening non-completist rocks.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

strangely i was thinking just that. online stores really save on the hassle of all that legwork or driving around when looking for a figure. really can't remember the last time I set foot in a bricks and mortar store. it's never worth the bother so why bother?

I feel the pain. I have stopped going to stores and just order online now.

I have only found one mcquarrie stormtrooper and that was out of sheer luck. Someone had hidden one and I found it. PURE LUCK! I was so happy. But I have not seen the Fett, and I doubt that I ever will.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

While hunting for figures is always fun, I've made the decision to just go online and get what I want, I've had great success with certain sites and will just stick to that. Will I pay a few more dollars? Sure, especially when it means I don't have to drive out of my way to look for stuff, with what the gas prices are nowadays.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Well if Hasblo Toy Shop had them available to order online I would have but guess what? They don't. I'm not gonna order a full case of TAC just to get these figures (and I need 2 of each, one to open, one to keep). And yes it is Hasblo's fault for short-packing these knowing that they are going to be the most sought after in-demand and even more for not making the C4 droids available to order online for non-attendees so f*** 'em.

I don't know if this is the case with all cities around, but my Wal-Mart got 4 cases of McFarlane "Ben Wallace 2" figures. That's all that was in these cases were the Chicago Bulls Ben Wallace figures. My point being, Hasbro might want to make note, and make a shipment available of just the McQuarrie figures. I found two each of the Stormtroopers and the Fett's, so I consider myself lucky.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!