Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hasbro to buy back Lucas' shares

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=823

That floored me, Lucas has around 10% of the company and Hasbro has enough cash-on-hand to buy that back now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hasbro has just incurred his wrath. They learned nothing from the lesson of Universal or 20th Century Fox. Lucas will now seek out a UK toy maker to fulfill his every whim at a fraction of the cost. If he can't find one, he will create a toy shop, not unlike Santa's workshop, and he will call it LucasToys. And he shall be happy.

hmmmmm. intriguing.

brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.
    oh really? I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    hmmmmm. intriguing.

brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.
    oh really? I beg to differ.
    Yeah, I thought that was Cheetah's in Vegas.

That is freakin bizarre I dont think anyone knew Lucas had that much control, but its all gone now. That might be any hope of 1/2 the back ground characters we get.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Probably had to do with the license fee Hasbro posted for SW. They finally profited enough to buy it back, doubtful anything will change. But it will make for an interesting quarterly summary.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I just can't believe Lucas is relinquishing control on anything labeled "Star Wars." He seemed to be making a conscious effort for the longest time to put every possible product under the control of companies and subsidiaries he had some control over.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Sooooo, can someone explain what this means in plain English for those of us who really have no clue what this article is talking about?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Sooooo, can someone explain what this means in plain English for those of us who really have no clue what this article is talking about?
    It means it's the end of the line for Star Wars....

Okay maybe not, but without control, Hasbro may be more free to do what they want with the line. Though reading this, I still come away with the feeling that Hasbro will still have to get LFL's approval on sculpts and such. But instead of having to adhere to what gets released when, well, that's probably going to go. So who knows, this could be a good thing in the short term.

Bah, whatever the case, I don't have much more collecting in me, so this doesn't impact me whatsoever.
    Move along, move along

Get ready for the 500 Best Vader Figures Not Yet Made!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.