Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Tonnika Sisters

In Rebelscum's Q&A this week, Hasbro was asked about certain specific figures they'd hinted at before. Now they say they cannot comment on the Tonnika Sisters "period."

What is up with that?

1) It's still some kind of legal blockade?

2) The figure of Brea is done and they're holding out until C4 or Comic Con to break the news?

3) Another theory?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They're towing the company line by refusing to provide any useful answers whatsoever?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I think that they are just keeping silent. In another Q&A this week (I forget which one) they said that alot of what they were going to show at CIV has already been leaked and what hasn't been is being held "very close to the chest". I am hoping that the "can't comment at this time" is their way of saying we will see it at CIV. I just don't remember there being a ton of leaked things out there besides rumor lists.
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

I agree. C4 will bring good news. I remember last year they said something about us seeing at least one of the Tonnika Sisters "in some form" meaning that they might have to do something to get around legal rights. I think that issue might have been resolved.

Ahhhh Tonnika!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tonnika.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	15400  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Usually when they can't comment at all is when they're being made. Remember, they (w/c)ouldn't comment on the Imperial shuttle and even denied it's existance until it regularly hit shelves, IIRC.

Actually makes me wonder if they might be exclusives then, a Mos Eisley battle/multi pack, maybe?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Actually makes me wonder if they might be exclusives then, a Mos Eisley battle/multi pack, maybe?
    I just know it had better not be one Tonnika in a Battlepack with other Cantina denizens we already have, making us buy two more Momaw Nadons (for example) in order to get both Tonnikas.

That would be the ultimate slap in the face to collectors, and, considering this is a company that seems to pride itself on slapping collectors' faces as often as possible, that's saying quite a bit.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought their answers this week were overall pretty helpful/informative, like about the upcoming McQuarrie Starkiller Hero.

But, I too wonder what the deal is with the Tonnika sisters? People used to ask for them more, but it seems like Yarna has taken their place as "figure we're gonna complain about for a long time and then pretty much forget about in a few years." At CIV I'll try to directly ask them about a few things such as this and see what they say.

wouldn't it be fun if LFL were going to use the tonnika sisters in the live action show and therefore told hasbro they couldn't touch them until the show aired. LFL states that the tv show is about people who were in the movies but not the stars so they can pick any background character and use them. and we know Lucas has a thing for chicks with skintight costumes or practically nude.

either that or hasbro is just so damn sick of hearing questions about the Tonnika situation they've put an embargo on those questions.

what I don't understand is why they can't just release a similar looking figure, any old face. half these figures are only resembling the movie characters anyway. none of them are really dead on accurate likenesses because it's nigh on impossible to sculpt that at such a small scale.

it's more likely a case of them simply being female. and hard to place in a boys toys line where gunslinging male characters are the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That would be the ultimate slap in the face to collectors
    Does "ultimate slap inthe face" mean anything anymore? If they actually slap us in the face one day we're going to have to invent new words to explain what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    what I don't understand is why they can't just release a similar looking figure, any old face.
    Because then they'd be EU and Hasbro would never hear the end about how some collectors are crying themselves to sleep at night.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06