Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

Bionic Woman

So, NBC is looking to build a better, faster, stronger version of the old Bionic Woman series, and it's being done by "Battlestar Galactica" executive producer David Eick.

Here's a little more info...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32607

...and here's a clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FCyW1BynT8

The clip looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the whole old show remake idea, but Galactica has been a lot of fun, and this could turn out to be a winner. I like that they decided to do the Bionic Woman, and not the Bionic Man.

Seems that Katie (Starbuck) Sackhoff plays a villain, which explains why they wrote her out of BSG for a while.
    plasticfetish.net

I was gonna comment about Katie Sackhoff being in that. I'm sitll gonna miss Lindsay Wagner. She had charm and spunk!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

A little over a week ago, I got to watch a test pilot for a comedy they were considering called "Business Class." It reminded me a lot of Arrested Development, and would easily have been the best comedy on TV. But NBC, using logic that comedies aren't popular anymore (never mind that most of the ones on right now suck), decided to go with all scifi and fantasy dramas. I'm still a bit shocked that this particular show wasn't green-lit. I guess they decided that dredging up a turd like Bionic Woman was enough comedy for an entire network for a whole season. What's next? A remake of Greatest American Hero? It was bad enough when the movies were all s***ty remakes, without it affecting TV as well.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 05-15-2007 at 11:03 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This show could be a big winner....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

i'll give it a chance. i think the time slot will be Wednesdays at 9 pm so that'll give me something to watch before Lost.

Well... if it starts at the beginning of the season, you won't need to worry about LOST since that's not coming back until the end of January 2008.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    A little over a week ago, I got to watch a test pilot for a comedy they were considering called "Business Class." It reminded me a lot of Arrested Development, and would easily have been the best comedy on TV. But NBC, using logic that comedies aren't popular anymore (never mind that most of the ones on right now suck), decided to go with all scifi and fantasy dramas. I'm still a bit shocked that this particular show wasn't green-lit. I guess they decided that dredging up a turd like Bionic Woman was enough comedy for an entire network for a whole season. What's next? A remake of Greatest American Hero? It was bad enough when the movies were all s***ty remakes, without it affecting TV as well.
    I would welcome a remake of the Greatest American Hero. I liked that show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This sounds mega-lame, and I bet NBC cancels it after 6 episodes. NBC has no clue what they're doing anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll check it out. I'd think that it could potentially be better than the original. Actually, I don't remember details about the original, but several years ago I did see Six Million Dollar Man reruns on Sci-Fi Channel. Most of them seemed kind of boring compared to what I remembered.

I hold that the series has potential....providing she doesn't run in "slow-motion" to give her the bionic effect...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.