Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Is this the end???

After reading the newsbot about Corgi/Master Replicas not having the license for 2008, does that mean this is the last year of F/X Sabers and other fun goodies???? If so I need to get that damn Maul saber now sooner than later....
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

This is totally unacceptable! What the hell is up with this, is this just Corgi trying to use the press to get Lucas to sign a contract more in their favor, or are really they throwing in the towel? Either way, it's a totally horrible decision and I cannot believe how quickly Corgi has ruined MR. I am unbelievably disappointed in this turn of events. If it weren't for SW, there wouldn't even be an MR! Damn you Corgi! I'd consider a Corgi boycott, but they have made it so difficult to get their other products anyway that it's not even worth mention.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I want the Yoda & Obi FX sabers...so I had better get them..and soon
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is totally unacceptable! What the hell is up with this, is this just Corgi trying to use the press to get Lucas to sign a contract more in their favor, or are really they throwing in the towel? Either way, it's a totally horrible decision and I cannot believe how quickly Corgi has ruined MR. I am unbelievably disappointed in this turn of events. If it weren't for SW, there wouldn't even be an MR! Damn you Corgi! I'd consider a Corgi boycott, but they have made it so difficult to get their other products anyway that it's not even worth mention.
    After Steve Dymzo left the company, MR really went downhill in how they marketed Star Wars products. They were not doing well off financially which is why they branched out into Disney with the POTC licenses and such and merged with Corgi. I had been hearing that last year would make or break the company and it seems they broke and could not pony up to Lucasfilm's demands. I remember when Lucasfilm awarded them the license they were hesitant to give it to another company like Icons. MR has produced some extraordinary products but their marketing has really suffered. They really dropped the ball on some things and I think Lucasfilm was aware of this so when the contract renewal came up they deliberately set the expectations too high knowing full well MR could not provide them so that they could take the license elsewhere. Sideshow Collectibles is the logical candidate since they already have a positive working relationship with Lucasfilm and they have done 1:1 prop replicas and can transition the license smoothly.

While I have never bought any MR items due to financial issues, I've always admired them form afar. therefor, I'm quite sad at this announcement as well. I had hoped that they would make the small scale version of Jango Fett's blasters, which could very well have been my first purchase. Always wanted to have one of their full sized models, but poor college student =/
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

My dream product was a TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX Lightsaber as most everyone here knows.

For sparring / dueling purposes, that is the ideal saber for very practical reasons.

Now it sure doesn't look good. I loved MR and the people who worked with them - especially Amy @ MR Customer Care.

If SideShow takes over their line, maybe they'd also hire over MR staff so they could leave Corgi altogether and people with the prop replica know-how would still be producing virtually the same product line items (Force FX sabers for example).

Dang this is really disheartening news.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

While I have no doubt that the license will transition to someone like SSC, I think it's a good thing that a licensor stood up to the greedy demands of Luca$film. Can you imagine if Hasbro finally decided to dump $tar War$? The license may not be as lucrative as it once was now that the films are over and the hype has diminished. I'm already seeing the impact on sales at retail. Now Luca$film has been raising their prices on everything trying to squeeze every penny they can get and it's starting to backfire. It's time for a Trade Federation blockade of the Imperial Luca$film empire.

Drats, now I will never see the Master Replicas 1:1 scale Chance Cube, to be used anytime I needed to let fate decide.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    Drats, now I will never see the Master Replicas 1:1 scale Chance Cube, to be used anytime I needed to let fate decide.
    "I just happen to have a chance cube..."
    Move along, move along