Was Dick Winters a Star Wars fan?

I was poking around Camp Toccoa (where the famous "Band of Brothers" trained) on Google Earth and found these two streets coincidentally close to one another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	15409  
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Dick Winters is a real-life hero of mine (and I loved Band of Brothers).

As he would be alive and with all his faculties to enjoy the OT when it hit the theaters (he'd have been in his 50's-60's probably), he might have liked the films.

I believe he's still alive today, or passed on in very recent years. If so he might not have seen all the prequels or been too hard of hearing to enjoy them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A) I was only kidding and was making no connection outside of sarcasm.

B) Richard winters is very much alive and turned 89 in January. (wiki wiki)
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Huh. He's my grandpa's age. Well, my grandpa can't hear much of anything. I wonder how Richard Winters is faring?

He's a real live American hero, that's for certain. Those guys that fought in WWII were very different than...nevermind. I have deep-seeded opinions as most here know.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Winters would have been an awsome rebel general and his men would have kicked the Empire's @$$!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I'm thinking Col. Sink would have had more to do with naming streets then some low level Lt.