Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

"Vintage" VTSC now out: First Impressions

I went to my local Target yesterday morning and was told these will be put out 5/27 only. I went back to the same store in the afternoon and got an another employee to bring them out - the late shift crew seem to be the 'rebels' of the bunch.

First impressions: these look darn nice, especially Snowtrooper, Bossk and Ig-88....I am very happy with this wave.

Update: I opened the Bossk and Ig-88...one word for both: WOW! The detail on these two is staggering - Bossk is a work of art. Ig-88 is actually a quarter of a head shorter than VTSC Chewie, so he is truly an amazing fig, and finally accurate height (taller than the vintage one). His back holster is kinda cool - the guns are made of a very hard plastic, but the blaster doesn't really fit...Amazing detail on this one...they never need to make new sculpts of either ever again, they are that good! The paint detail on these are subtle yet vibrant all at the same time - one thing I would say with this line, these are paint apps you would not see in the regular line - just too much detail. Just an example of what I mean: Bossk's tongue is painted well - something the reg versions did not have, not in this detail. There is no slop at all with these paint apps.

I have not opened my Snowtrooper yet, as I scored just one of these, but he does look very, very nice. I am waiting for my case from Newforce before I get/open the rest. Newforce shipped will be $2 less a fig than Target....go Rick on your prices!!!
    Real men buy Willrow

Found these the other day, all except for Luke and Snowtrooper. Very pleased with these also. The sculpts are outstanding. Some of the best figures Hasbro has put out in recent years.

Funny thing is Wal-Mart still has a ton of last year's VTSC figures still sitting on the pegs gathering dust at $10 each. They really need to clearance those out under $5. If I see Greedo or Endor Han VTSC one more time...

For those getting that 5/27 story...that is not a Hasbro-induced street date. It is a projected reset shelf date, and as we've all found out...every Target approaches it differently. Tell them it's not a Target exclusive, but an "active" item that should be allowed to be brought out from the stock room & sold.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I picked up a full set the other day (with an extra Snowtrooper). I think they are all fantastic! I think the weakest of the bunch is the Hoth Solo. The bounty hunters are freaking awesome and look badass standing next to VOTC Boba! I can't wait till next years Vintage figures!

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post

Funny thing is Wal-Mart still has a ton of last year's VTSC figures still sitting on the pegs gathering dust at $10 each. They really need to clearance those out under $5. If I see Greedo or Endor Han VTSC one more time...

The WM here has these for 4.50 each and they are not selling. Clearance or not, people only want 1 Han and 1 Greedo.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I bought several Greedos on clearance for $2 each so that I could take that stupid cloth vest off of him and put a good plastic vest on him from a previous version. Worked like a charm and looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    I was thinking that too....that's one of the things about these VTSC figs that makes them such a gamble....it's always impossible to find troopers because they're the first figs to sell, but regular figures like Han or Greedo collect dust after the initial excitement. I remember the ESB Lando sat for like 2 years in our local ToysRUs...

My worry is that in reaction to this uselessness, it will be even harder to get my hands on these new figures, especially Luke or Hoth Han.

*Is there a reason this pack is exclusively ESB?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I found half of these last night, and posted reviews in the review forum:
    - Han Hoth: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35082
    upshot - a "C" figure, passable but hardly outstanding.

- IG-88: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35083
    upshot - an "A-" figure, darn good but a few tiny issues.

- Bossk: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35084
    upshot - an "A" figure, unexpectedly awesome.

I wasn't expecting the UGH mail in sticker and tabs to be gold, and the tabs being generic was a surprise too. I really hate the heat-sealed collector cases, now they're all ugly and chewed up and pointy and don't close that well.

I suspect I'll buy duplicates of Bossk, IG-88, Luke, and the Snowtrooper.

Leia is from ROTJ, so this isn't an ESB-only group.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I want pictures dammit not words. so many words being wordy and so many.

I agree with a lot of what you said, JT!

Ig-88 is a half head taller than the POTJ Ig-88 and just shorter than VTSC Chewie. You did nail it about the head ...it is under detailed - they missed the scope-thingy sticking out of his side of his head. This is the first Ig-88 fig to actually miss that. But as a whole he is a incredible fig - 'pretty cool' is way harsh, IMO

Bossk is beautiful...I am glad he has no shiny arms...!

I have yet to get Hoth Han - aside from not having the Hood up head we all want, he looks good, but I will wait to get him.

Of all the figs in this line, Leia has no business being in the Vintage line - to me, she is a standard fig in every way, including paint, detail and articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    I want pictures dammit not words. so many words being wordy and so many.

I agree..we need pretty pics
    Real men buy Willrow