Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuher's choice

Wuher's choice

When Luke bellies up to the bar, he does the ol' silent finger wave and Wuher plops a large mug of something down in front of the lad.

What was it? How did Wuher know what Luke wanted? Or does that Cantina only serve whisky?

Blue milk of course....everyone knows that growing moisture farmer boys need 3 to 4 glasses of Tatooine blue milk for strong bones, healthy skin and a great smile....

In the original screenplay Lucas cut out the sceen where Luke dunks purple Jawa cookies into his milk...he felt it was a bit childish and took away from the confrontation between Obi Wan and the smugglers....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Maybe Luke's hand movements said something we didn't understand, but Wuher did. If we view this minor things a cultural difference there maybe a lot of dialog we are missing because of body language.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    What was it? How did Wuher know what Luke wanted? Or does that Cantina only serve whisky?
    No because they also served Greedo, mixed into a tasty beverage.

wuher looks at luke sizes him up and hands him blue milk as a sign that the boy wouldn't be able to take his liquor. sure i've seen that exact same scenario on many a western movie. naive young cowpoke goes to the bar asks for a whiskey only to be served a glass of milk.

Well, Luke DOES say I'll have one of those then points. Maybe Wuher is making a drink and Luke wants the same.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It was a girly drink.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Well, Luke DOES say I'll have one of those then points. Maybe Wuher is making a drink and Luke wants the same.
    Darn it, I was about to explain that, Luke points to the spigot and mumbles that he wants one, it's shot in a weird way, much more realistic but without the ADR that would have cleared up the line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I figured since Wuher turned away so quickly, that Luke said "I'll have one of those" regarding the Tonnika Sisters. :rollRRs:

Or maybe every drink is the same: sassparella.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm pretty sure he says something that isn't heard. Watch his mouth.
    Tommy, close your eyes.