Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

OK, I finally saw POTC. It was my first time. I rented both movies and planned on doing a marathon but I haven't watched Dead Man's Chest yet.

But CotBP was pretty awesome. It interested me more than I thought I would and there were things in the movie that corellate with things on the ride - like the dog with the keys.

The whole Will Turner storyline was cool as well. Johnny Depp does make a good pirate. Kierra Knightly can act as well. The guy playing Captain Barbados was cool as well. I like the story about how Sparrow lost and struggled to regain the Black Pearl.

I think I'm going to like this genre of films altogether.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Arrgh! Welcome aboard, matey!

The movies are a hoot (remember, it ain't art, just enjoy the ride!). I'm really looking forward to the final installment and all the suprises waiting within!

I'm especially looking forward to this soundtrack, too. Awesome stuff, Hans!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I still haven't seen the 2nd one yet - it's on my kitchen table. But I might watch No.1 again first. I liked it alot.

YES! The orchesteral music was awesome. The guy did a really nice job.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    YES! The orchesteral music was awesome. The guy did a really nice job.
    If Hans Zimmer were here, he'd thank you! The boy's got quite a resumé.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

You just saw it now? What were you waiting for, Tych?

Glad to hear you liked it. Most people love the first one. The second one is a different story. There are those who love it and those who hate it. I loved it. I thought it was on par with the first one.

But you have to admit, even though Geoffrey Rush did a great job as Barbossa, this movie would have gone nowhere if Johnny Depp wasn't in it. Seriously, Jack Sparrow is to the '00s what Indiana Jones was to the '80s.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I loved this movie, I didn't see it in theaters, we rented it for my niece on Thanksgiving, watched about 20 minutes but she had to go to her father's, so we restarted and watched the whole thing and it was amazing. I recently bought the DVD on sale for $10. They really did a fantastic job capturing the flavor of the ride while expanding it to new heights.

The sequel goes a different direction, it's not quite as good but I found it very entertaining, I saw it twice in theaters - they have been really penny-pinching that DVD though, costing twice the first movie's DVD, so I haven't bought it yet, but I probably will. The movie reminds me in a lot of ways of ESB, but I think it could have been the end of the saga and still worked too - I won't say more until you've seen it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

any of you watch the scenes at the end of the credits?

Quote Originally Posted by joshephe View Post
    any of you watch the scenes at the end of the credits?
    No, but now that you mention it, I'll watch the credits all the way through.

Besides, the music's great so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    they have been really penny-pinching that DVD though, costing twice the first movie's DVD, so I haven't bought it yet, but I probably will.
    It's not really penny-pinching, as the DVD for "Dead Man's Chest" has only been out a few months (which is why it's still in the $20 range), compared to the first one, which has been out on DVD for almost four years (which is why they lowered the price of that down to $10). Give it just a little longer. They'll have price cuts for the second movie soon, considering that both the third movie and the Blu-ray release of the first two movies hit next week.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I enjoyed both the first two Pirates movies. I am waiting to see the third, but I want to see it in the Theatre. I skipped the second film because it got so so reviews, plus lack of time to see it. It's different now, I have extra time available to see movies now, and I will catch the third installment hopefully within the first two weeks.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!