Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 5 PIC!

Anakin looks pretty good as does the Ithorian Jedi. Glad to see 3PO has the eye pop out.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Cool! Herme Odle is not a myth! Yeah!

No kidding! Hermi Odle at last. The stormtrooper looks similar to the one now shipping in the Tantive IV pack - nice. I like the Ithorian as well, but Yoda on the beast is the EU figure to beat here by a wide margin. Very cool.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Okay I'm VERY happy about the Stormtrooper. I'll look to army build him.
    McVader is cool of course and I'll need three of him. (1 carded/2 loose two display with the different helmets)
    Hermi Odle-YES!!!
    C-3PO with Salacious Crumb and eye popping action...cool.
    Roron Corobb (Ithorian Jedi)-Nice, will make a good companion to the Talz Jedi.
    Yoda on Kybuck looks Amazing. And FINALLY a brown soft goods robe for the master. Yeah, he might not have worn it in the moveis but so what, this is an EU design anyway.
    Clone Wars Anakin- Hmm, didn't know about this one. Doesn't look like a great fig, but I'll bite and get one.
    Darth Revan is cool, just wich we would have had a different sculpt of him/her with multiple heads. Still I'll def. pick this one up.
    Darth Malak-except for teh head, the rest of teh figure looks good. I'll have to see close-ups of the head to make a better determination. I'm sure I'll get one though.
    McLuke (last on the bottom right)-Ok, sure. Not what I was expecting, but we had been given hints that it was a female.

So now the question is, who the hell is that figure between Malak and McLuke?? It's not McChewie. Doesn't look any character I've ever seen in the movies or the cartoons. Could this be Pre Cyborg Greivous?? That's my only reasonable guess. Well if so, I'll need to see the haed up close on this one too. I'm not liking the "wings" that come out from his eye sockets. Otherwise, yeah, I'll bite and get one of him too.

http://208.122.8.193/tenike1/images/.../30thwave5.jpg
    Move along, move along

So now the question is, who the hell is that figure between Malak and McLuke?? It's not McChewie. Doesn't look any character I've ever seen in the movies or the cartoons. Could this be Pre Cyborg Greivous?? That's my only reasonable guess. Well if so, I'll need to see the haed up close on this one too. I'm not liking the "wings" that come out from his eye sockets. Otherwise, yeah, I'll bite and get one of him too.
    Yeah that's Pre-Cyborg Grievous.

I already knew I'd want Roron, Malak and Revan and probably a stormtrooper, but I find myself wanting only the second concept figure I've ever wanted. The first was concept Fett and now I want concept Luke. Yoda on Kybuck does look better than I figured it would, and I'll probably grab Grievous and Anakin just to finish the EU for that set.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

LOVE the Ithorian Jedi (I see they've given him the concept Stormie saber), and the Yoda/Kybuck. Good to see the Stormie and Vader shipping with this wave.

As for the rest -- including Hermi -- I don't know what it is, but there is something about all of 'em (including the ones I like) that doesn't look like Star Wars figures. They look like those "Avatar" character figures or something else Anime. Maybe it's just the lighting in the photo. At any rate, much of this wave will be an easy "pass" for me.

This wave looks overall pretty great.

Hermie Odle will likely have a hard time standing up, what with those tiny legs.

C-3PO looks like he won't be vac-metal, but he was kind of dull on the Sail Barge so it works. I love the pop-out eye and articulated Salacious Crumb, both of which I've wanted for years.

Roron Corobb will look awesome next to Foul Moudama. Good thing they waited until they could finally do Ithorians right.

Yoda on the Kybuck is freakin' awesome. Even though, wasn't Yoda wearing the tan cloak when he rode it? Either way, I wanted a brown-cloak Yoda as well.

Nelvaan Anakin looks better than I thought he would, for some reason. I wonder if his right arm will come off, like in the cartoon?

Darth Revan/Darth Malak - meh, these are alright. I'm not a huge fan of KOTOR.

Qymaen jai Sheelal - he looks different from how I thought he would. Wait, nevermind, I see he's holding a mask. He looks pretty cool.

Starkiller Hero - it looks like the helmet is removable, which is nice. He/she'll go well with the others.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

They all look great, but I'll only be picking up Hermi and Threepio. The Salacious Crumb is a very nice touch. They seem to have taken creative license with the pre-cyborg Grievous because he's never taken off his mask. Yoda w/ Kybuck looks pretty bad@$$, as does the Roron Corobb. But once again, it'll only be Hermi and Threepio for me.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]