Large Scale TIE fighter - do the wings come off?

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of finally buying one of these, but for storage purposes I'd like to know about the wings before I buy. Thanks.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of finally buying one of these, but for storage purposes I'd like to know about the wings before I buy. Thanks.

Yes, they have the pop off wings like the older versions. Due to the added weight of the new, larger wings and a failure to upgrade the spring, they don't pop off as "enthusiastically" as the older versions do, however.

I have both the target and TRU versions and if I'm not mistaken, one or both actually shipped with the wings unattached to save space in the package.

Thanks for the info.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Yeah, they both ship with the same box/tray system where the cockpit pod is separated and held in a tray just in front of the wing pylons, this brings the cockpit closer to the window, narrows the box a little, and saves the weakening that might occur from being suspended in there during shipping.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.