Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So where's SideShow at Celebration 4?

I want to see what's in store for SideShow for later 2007 and Star Wars.

Remember Jabba, Boussh, and Bib Fortuna debuted at 2006 Comic Con?

We already knew about Yavin Luke, Bubo, and Holo Sidious.

What's new and next?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well apparently this is:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...21814&cat=5323

It looks like a 12" scale Biker Scout on Speeder Bike, how amazingly cool is that? If anyone has any info on it, that would be great.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I was hoping that was a 12" figure! that looks awesome! It will break the bank, but hopefully not nearly as much as jabba did.
    Other figures i saw that i wasnt sure of were a sandtrooper, boba fett, old obi wan, and 3po & r2. any news on these?

The Scout Trooper on Speederbike looks exactly like Hasbro's. I have 2 from back in the day. So far, nothing yet as interested me, though an Action Collection sized R2-D2 could be useful to me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Scout Trooper on Speederbike looks exactly like Hasbro's. I have 2 from back in the day. So far, nothing yet as interested me, though an Action Collection sized R2-D2 could be useful to me.
    Except that Hasbro's 12" figures were a joke in the quality department. I was hoping for a 12" Biker Scout from Sideshow, but I had no idea that they would also be making a Speeder Bike. I hope that it is more correctly scaled than Hasbro's Bike.

I'm also wondering if these two will be sold separately (like the Jabba set) or together in one giant box.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It looks like that Biker Scout is going to be a Premium Format Figure. So that means it will most likely be way too big and way too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    It looks like that Biker Scout is going to be a Premium Format Figure. So that means it will most likely be way too big and way too expensive for me.
    Oh, so it will be a 18" scale item? Its hard to tell from those photos what was 12" and what was 18". I definitely dont wanna get into the spending of the larger ones. The 12" ones are pricey enough for me.
    I really would like to see what's next for the military line.

The Biker Scout and Speeder are, in fact, premium format. The only new 12" scale piece debuting at C4 is the ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I had a feel-good moment at Sideshow's booth at C4 today.

They had a trivia contest and asked "Who had their blaster cut in half on one of Jabba's..."

At that point I blurted out "Boba Fett!" And won a set of the 1:6 scale Sith Eye Probe Droids. I already have them so I handed them to the nearest kid to me and walked away.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Oh, so it will be a 18" scale item? Its hard to tell from those photos what was 12" and what was 18". I definitely dont wanna get into the spending of the larger ones. The 12" ones are pricey enough for me.
    I really would like to see what's next for the military line.
    The Speeder Bike PF statue is around the 3 feet long mark, and it's also going to cost $799.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498 View Post
    The Speeder Bike PF statue is around the 3 feet long mark, and it's also going to cost $799.
    Holy crap! That's more than I paid for my truck!

I guess there's no way I'm buying this one. I really dislike those stupid Premium Format figures, why can't they just focus on the 12" stuff?