Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    "It's A Trap" is indeed the name, as you may have seen in my news post about no prequel Family Guys - I got the body of the article working right this morning, but the initial confirmation I had posted less than 5 minutes after MacFarlane said the words. Anyway, "It's A Trap" is certainly the final name of the episode, since it will be coming out in December they have to author the menus and print the packaging and marketing materials pretty much now.

MINOR SPOILERS AHOY...

They showed 9 minutes of the footage from the ep at Comic-Con, and I felt the material they showed was better than the ESB episode. Meg is indeed the Sarlacc and yes, I think this is her grossest moment yet. Joe as Jabba didn't make all that much sense to me, but he plays it well. Tim the Bear is indeed one of the Ewoks, who are all bears like him, and it gets pretty gruesome when they kill Imperials. Carter Pewterschmidt is the Emperor, and he does lightning hands. The "let me look on you with my own eyes" bit goes awry in quite an unusual manner. Klaus from American Dad plays Ackbar, and it's brilliant, a goldfish bowl for a head and Klaus swimming around. Roger from AD plays Jerjerrod. Peter as Han's defrosting joke is pretty much as expected based on the ending of SSSDS. Instead of speeder bikes, they're riding 10-speeds around the moon of Endor. And there's a lot of nodding, which requires a break-in from the late Ted Knight in Caddyshack. There were a few other gags which I didn't mention that I think folks will enjoy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]Sounds hilarious. SSSDS was somewhat of a letdown, but that may have been because Blue Harvest, at least when I first saw it, was a surprise and was fresh and original.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Can't wait for IAT.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Characters from The Cleveland Show is bad enough, but American Dad too?
    Ah crap.

At least The Cleveland Show is a direct spin-off.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The problem is they used up way too many FG characters in the first one, so they had to go to the other parts of the MacFarlane franchise.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really don't see what the big problem is with the American Dad and Cleveland Show characters. I mean, they do Futurama/Simpsons cross-over comics which sounds incredibly worse than (spoiler!) Claus as Admiral Ackbar.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The problem is they used up way too many FG characters in the first one, so they had to go to the other parts of the MacFarlane franchise.
    What problem?
    They reused Meg (Dianoga/Space Slug), Mort (Jawa/Lando), Bruce (Greedo/Imperial Officer), Joe (Biggs/Probot), Carter (Owen/Emperor) and more in the first two.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I really don't see what the big problem is with the American Dad and Cleveland Show characters. I mean, they do Futurama/Simpsons cross-over comics which sounds incredibly worse than (spoiler!) Claus as Admiral Ackbar.
    I'll let you know what I think of that Futurama/Simpsons cross-over comic, I bought the hardback at Comic-Con, $5 off the cover price AND signed with a drawing by each of the authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    What problem?
    They reused Meg (Dianoga/Space Slug), Mort (Jawa/Lando), Bruce (Greedo/Imperial Officer), Joe (Biggs/Probot), Carter (Owen/Emperor) and more in the first two.
    They felt they overdid it though and it wasn't going to play well since they had even more characters to fill for ROTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They felt they overdid it though and it wasn't going to play well since they had even more characters to fill for ROTJ.
    I'll agree with that. Family Guy's cast of main characters (while somewhat large for a TV show) is still relatively too small to handle all the various characters in the original Star Wars Trilogy without stretching them thin by rehashing them for multiple parts. Realistically, the only show that I can think of that could possibly pull off the original Star Wars Trilogy on its own (in terms of sheer amount of characters) would be The Simpsons. And even if they could, they'd still probably take the liberty of dipping into the Futurama cast anyway, if for no other reason than The Simpsons lacks any real wide range of exotic looking alien or robot characters.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Did they get Barrymore to play Jillian as Oola? I'm betting the Carrie Fisher cameo is as Peters' Boss as Mothma.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Did they get Barrymore to play Jillian as Oola? I'm betting the Carrie Fisher cameo is as Peters' Boss as Mothma.
    They didn't show Oola at all, so I dunno.

You are right on the money about Carrie's cameo though. That got a big applause from the room, which I'm happy to say I started.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the eye stalk robot thing in Jabba's door... Consuela.